The idea of pumpkins carved in Halo forms was started by Bungie, in 2003. The winning pumpkins were pretty cool. We followed suit in 2004, with the first annual Guilt O' Lantern contest. It was, by most accounts, a success.
The rules are basic, and the same as last year: Carve the coolest Halo-related pumpkin you can think of. Please the community, win a prize. Check out the pages above for examples of what's won in the past.
Once again, we have some spectacular prizes, thanks in large part to some amazingly generous fans.
1. Your picture must reach HBO HQ by midnight, Eastern time, October 31, 2005.
2. Your picture, if digital, must be at least 640x480 pixels.
3. Your picture cannot be digitally altered. If we even THINK it's digitally altered, we'll toss it. (Yeah, we stole that rule from Bungie. It's a good rule.)
4. Your picture must not have been entered in the 2003 at Bungie.net, the 2004 contest at bungie.org, or sent to us any time before October 1, 2005.
5. To win one of the three main prizes, you must have a mailing address within the continental US or Canada. (Sorry about this one. The box is NTSC Region 1; you couldn't use it with normally-available games in Europe anyway.) There will be, however, a non-North-America prize if we get entries from elsewhere. I hate leaving the rest of the world out.
Entries will be judged by the Halo community. Images will be put up in a gallery, starting November 1, and will be accessible for voting for one week. Votes can be cast by anyone with a valid email address (but if we suspect ballot stuffing, we're tossing ALL your votes - again, don't even give us a REASON to suspect you). Winners will be announced sometime after November 9th.
This is a pure popularity contest - make a pumpkin everyone thinks is the coolest, you'll win.
How to Submit Your Entry (or entries):
You have two options for getting your contest entries to us:
After you have done one of these two things, you need to send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the following information in your e-mail:
Make sure that you include ALL of the information that we ask for. Incomplete entries will be discarded. (All of the information in the email should ALSO be collected via the upload interface... but problems have occurred in the past, we're being thorough.)
If you're sending us a photo or CD, mail it to:
343 Guilt O' Lantern