halo.bungie.org

They're Random, Baby!

Fan Fiction


The Rescue, Code Name: Keyes
Posted By: Scott J.<Scottyboyj@aol.com>
Date: 24 December 2002, 8:46 pm


Read/Post Comments

      It was a hot and dry day on Eliptico.  The Covenant were everywhere.  After our battle on Arcticon, we recieved an SOS signal coming from this very planet.  It was Keyes.  Even though he was a flood blob on Halo we have found a cure to restore the Captain's original form.  The aliens were a lot stronger now that they had the Plasma Tanker.  This time we were prepared for battle.  I had a S2 AM Sniper Rifle with me.  I was on a tall ledge and took out the Hunters and more stronger targets so we wouldn't loose as much men.  When Danny hit a Ghost I decided to go flyin'.  It was simple to take out the scum bags but it was hard to dodge the Hunters Fuel Rod Cannons.  The Ghost I was riding got it's left wing blew off so I had to crash land.  It was a long battle.  I decided to bring in some back-up troops.
      " Danny call for some back-ups.  We're going to need them, and tell them to bring in the Scorpion Tankers.  Over."
      "O.K.  The troops will arrive any moment with the tanks.  Over and Out."
      Danny was a 10 year veteran of war and was highly talented with weapons.  He also had Spartan armor.  The only thing he knew how to do is kill.
      " Matt, this is M.C. Do you read?"
      " I read you loud and clear."
      " Tell your Spec. Op  troops on your side to fall back.  I'm gonna' go with a few of them make three groups.  I'm coming over right now."  I got into a Warthog and traveled along the trench quickly.  When I arrived I told Matt that him and Dan were to take control of the Marines.  The first group hopped in the Warthog and we drove off across the battle field.  Since we had an active camou device built into the Warthog, it was a sinch making it across the battleground.  We found the base of the aliens and figured that Keyes was in there.  I turned off the camou, floored the gas and raided the base.  Alien guts were everywhere.  If we wanted we could of took a shower in the blue blood.  We went deeper and deeper into the base, killing aliens as we went. 
      "Mike I want you to lead the pack, John next, Steph and then Justin.  Go on up ahead, I'll meet you there."
      Above on the battleground  the war was more intense than ever.  Tanks being blown up, Ghosts and Banshees being shot down.
      " Dan, this is Matt do you read?"
      "Loud and clear."
      "Send out the demo-men as your frontline, and have your snipers go up on the ledge above you.  I'm going to go with the snipers. You got that?"
      "Sure do."  Dan sent his demo-men to the front and his snipers to the top of the ledge.  The blood on the battlefield was purple because of the mix of different color bloods.  Thousands of bodys lay on the ground.  Ten Ghosts were flying overhead. Matt took his M19 SSM Rocket Launcher and blasted them to smitherines.  At the Covenant base, the Spec. Ops team had found Captain Keyes and busted the plasma chains around his wrists.  When I got there Justin was dead.  Out of the corner of my eye I saw a Hunter charging at the team.  I quickly withdrew my M6D and shot the Hunter in the back.  On the way out I realized that the fighting had stopped and 3 Elites remained followed up by 2 Hunters.  Skillfuly Mike took out his assault rifle and kicked the aliens a**es.  "Mission complete, were going home,"I said.





bungie.org