halo.bungie.org

They're Random, Baby!

Fan Fiction


The New Years Resolution on Halo
Posted By: Scott J.<Scottyboyj@aol.com>
Date: 24 December 2002, 5:13 pm


Read/Post Comments

      It was a freezing New Year's Day and we were fighting a huge battle. There were 1000 of them and 400 of us.  We were on the moon, Arcticon.  It was cold and men were getting frost bite.  Man by man was killed.  Some men couldn't even stand up.  Legs and arms were  decaputated.  Hey what could I say, thats what happens when your a Marine.  Some of the men's over shields were fully gone. Were getting slaughtered until the back ups came. We managed to hold them off.  Men and Covenant on the ground either dead, or dying. After the battle we were making New Year resolutions by our very small but warm fire. While we were doing so, a few surviving Covenants walked over to our camp. Everyone had their guns ready.    There was a Commander Elite, a few Spec. Op Grunts and two Jackal Majors.They came to us looking like they wanted peace.

      That wasn't true because they had a few plasma grenades at hand. So we let them sit down, ready for them to stick a plasma grenade right into the sides of our head. But they were relaxing, trying to fool us.  A new guy on the team was sent here, because we were desperate.  He had little training and could barely hold a gun the right way. Sure enough the stupid rookie fell for it and went next to the Commander Elite.
      " My New Year's resolution is to never kill a Covenant alien scumbag ever again!"
      "What are you taking about,?" I said. "There about to blow your nuts off and you want to make peace?!"
             "Why not?  There are only a few of them here, and alot of us.  What makes you think they'll pull a fast one?"
      It was at that moment that the Commander Elite took two plasma grenades and stuck it to the rookie's nuts. While he could the rookie jumped onto a grunt to bring it down with him. Thats when we took out our assault rifels and started to kick a***. When it was all over the rookies guts lay on the ground with a few aliens. But the Commander had escaped so I went after him.
      When I found him he had a plasma sword. So I decided to use the Assault Rifel. The Elite realized what was happening and started to slash his plasma sword at me. I sidestepped and fired wildly.  The Elite was swift and quick on his feet.  The sword was as bright a light as the "light" at the end of the tunnel when near death.  I quickly dodged a swing of the blade, and fired.  Blue blood splattered everywhere. The Elite dropped dead.
      "As my resolution," I said to myself," I am to kill every damned alien in this galaxy."
             I went back to the base where everybody was making their New Year resolutions.  Their resolution was the same as mine.  Some of the men said they would never try that act again.  Some men were talking about how unfortunate that rookie was.  I was not at all emotional about the death of the rookie.  How long would it of took him to figure out that they were the enemy?  All I know is that the last of the Covenant aliens  were gone on that moon, and that means we could go home.





bungie.org