halo.bungie.org

They're Random, Baby!

Fan Fiction


Banserki's Journal (Part 7)
Posted By: Sarge<banserkigrunts@hotmail.com>
Date: 30 July 2002, 1:40 am


Read/Post Comments

Short I know kinda pointless yah that to. But I had been having some problems and this chapter was just me warming up and moving the story along a bit. It's actually a decline in quality but I haven't written a new piece since... May 20th when I wrote Banserki's Journal Number 6 ;-). Well here it is.

Day: Unknown, Time: Unknown, Aquaris II

      Raja led us into a nearby cave; he said it would be a safe place to camp out. He said a prayer for our dead brethren he called the place where they all lay hung Death Valley. Death Valley was a suitable name I almost asked him to change it to Monster Valley. I couldn't sleep that night the picture of my brethren hanging by their necks it was welded into my mind. Then the armored monsters, the infidels had they made an alliance with a new race? Raja told me it was probably nothing, I knew somehow, he was wrong and unless he became aware of the monsters we would all perish. Unless we stopped the monsters we would be ripped apart piece by piece. Just as our comrades before us... While there was no way to be sure I knew those monsters had hung my brethren. The image once again flashed before my eyes my brethren hung, mangled, holes riddled through their bodies. I sat there thinking until slowly I just dosed off...
      I woke up... once again my dreams had enlightened me. This dream was slightly different it started with me awakening in the night and walking out of the cave. Upon exiting I saw the lead monster he had no weapon with him. I began to charge my gods pistol but stopped mid charge. I threw it down and took one last glimpse at my brethren hanging by their necks. I stood their staring at the monster he stared back his emotionless mask taunting me. His posture was relaxed; he did not fear me as I feared him. The monster stood at about 14ft. looking down at me, I smiled whether it was out of fear or I found something about my situation amusing. I was to scared to tell, I charged him with all my anger, rage, and strength I knew I was going to defeat him. I was wrong he put his armored fist to my neck I flew off hitting a tree. A dead elite fell off the tree and onto me that's when I woke up... I would face that monster again except the next time I would win. I thought about the dream I had back in the infidel compound its prophecy had yet to come true, I still did not doubt the gods but there had been no hole of light.
      The infidels pictured dreams as just a simple time consumer, but our prophets had figured out long ago dreams were a link to the future and held prophecies. A dream was the reason we were here on this planet a prophet had dreamed of this very planet bursting into flames. Aquaris II had little significance other than it was full of humans that would not listen. They refused to be enlightened so the next stop of our Holy Crusade was here on the miserable planet Aquaris II. We encountered little resistance yet; I knew these monsters would be the heavy resistance we had feared. While many of my brethren were hung here I knew there was still another ten thousand troops or so on the other side of the planet.
      I got up from where I had dosed off and left the cave. I saw the monster standing there I grabbed an Elite's gods sword and charged the monster I sliced right through its midsection but it disappeared. The monster was there than it wasn't had the gods played a trick on me? Was I seeing things? Did I long to fight the monster so badly I had begun to hallucinate. It is strange how my biggest fear is also my biggest desire. I heard something move behind me I turned and saw it the monster was there again I sliced at him but he disappeared like the monster before it. This time I saw something a light I had not noticed it before because it resembled the planets moon but now I had found it. I walked over to it and shoved my gods sword straight in it, it exploded sending little shards of metal everywhere. One piece caught my eye; upon closer inspection I found it contained pictures of the monster. This was an infidel picture machine; I had let the pathetic machine scare me. Raja was right there was no monster or at least no proof of a monster. While I like to think there is no monster somewhere deep down I knew they were out their somewhere. I went back into the cave and went back to sleep.
      I woke up the next morning to find that Raja had located the other part of the army and we were to meet up with them at a point six miles away.





bungie.org