halo.bungie.org

They're Random, Baby!

Fan Fiction


After Halo (k) Part III
Posted By: Kyle<cooldud91@hotmail.com>
Date: 28 September 2002, 3:22 am


Read/Post Comments

Hey! It's me again! Giving another after Halo fanfic. This is going to be a LOT better. It's the final chapter in my After Halo trilogy, but don't expect that I'll stop writing there! Writing stories is one of my hobbies, and I would never give up. So, here's another excellent fan-fiction from KyleG(Nickname the Headless Elite).

THE LAST CHAPTER IN THE AFTER HALO TRILOGY!

"Good luck!" Dr. Jacob Halsey said. The SPARTANs left the room and went to get their MJOLNIR II armor on. "is that all? Good luck?" Pvt. Harrison said. "He says that we might die and he tells us GOOD LUCK? Man, I think this mission will be tough!"

"Stow it, marine!" SPARTAN 035 said. "Remember we have the UNSC Covenant League on our side. there's nothing, I mean NOTHING, that will stop us. Get going, marine!"

The marines and the SPARTAN IIs stood on the boarding deck, ready to board their Cruisers via shuttle pod. "Man, these boogers are GOIN' DOWN!" Said Commander Mendoza. "Let's go!" The troops boarded their shuttlepods and were off to the Covenant homeworld. The UNSC covenant would also be joining them on the mission. "Wow! SPARTAN IIs!" said a deck officer as they boarded their cruiser. Many officers and security marines oohed and aahed as the super-soldiers walked through the halls to the CRYOSTOR facility. They would be spending the remainder of time in cryosleep while the ship sped toward the band of planets held by Admiral Fkagbe.

CHAPTER I
REVILLE

"Wake up! Wake up!" said Commander Mendoza. "We're here!"

"How long has it been?" said SPARTAN 035.

"Exactly 3 months, 2 weeks, 4 days, 3 hours, and 48.5 minutes." Cortana said.

"Well, That was a good sleep. Where are the aliens?" said SPARTAN 343.

"Alert! Boarding craft inbound!" Capt. Harold Keyes' voice rang over the intercom. "All units, repel boarders! Longsword squadrons D through J, attack boarding craft."

"Let's go!" said SPARTAN Lt. 304. The SPARTANs sped out of the CRYOSTOR facility and found themselves in a hallway with 3 grunts. "Die, devil!" the first one said.

"Fire!" the second one said. And with that, he threw a grenade. The grenade missed the humans and stuck to another grunt. "NO-HO-HO!!" It screamed as it ran down the hall . Eventually there was a loud plasma explosion and the sound of three grunts and elite's death cry. A grunt with white armor appeared holding 2 fuel rod guns in each hand. A grunt lieutenant. He charged one up and fired it at a marine. His arm was gone. "AAAIIIYYYEEE!! THAT BURNS!" He screamed.

"We've got a man down!" said pvt. Jackson, who had recovered from a plasma burn recently.

The SPARTAN IIIs grabbed the helpless grunt by the nek, and shot it. Commander 035 grabbed his fuel rod rifles, and with a grin, fired the destructive weapons at a nearby elite.

"Uh-oh." Cortana said.

"What?" asked Pvt. Smith.

"I'm detecting Rhvyhftonium alloy, Gqhedusge alloy body armor, Methane gas sealed with Fyefsjfndkqnium alloy, and Klezrgshfbkwbq-powered hand shield generators!!"

"Is that bad?" asked Pvt. Smith.

"Yes." Cortana replied. "Scanner calculations show that in the docked boarding craft, there are 2 hunters, 5 elites, 8 jackals, and 15 grunts!"

"That's bad." The private replied. "Quick! Get out of the way! They'll blow the hatch open! They'll kill us all!"

"That's not gonna happen." Commander 035 said. He pulled out his fuel rod guns and blew the airlock door open before the Covenant could plant a charge on the airlock. Sure enough, the compliment of warriors that Cortana described burst out.

Suddenly, there was an announcement over the speaker: "MAC cannons have breached the hull of enemy carrier. Reactors critical. Waiting for report from scout ships... report received... Carrier destroyed! Enemy carrier eliminated!"

"WOO-HOO!!" cheered the marines and personnel

The covenant forces charged at the humans. But the soldiers were greatly outnumbered. 225 to 30. The marines and SPARTANs destroyed one of the hunters, and cracked the shield on the other. Making him vulnerable. Then the marines captured the hunter and brought him to a brig facility. With their main defense destroyed, the remaining grunts ran away. "Little people first!" One of the grunts cried. "They're everywhere!" Another  grunt remarked. Commander 037 sealed the blast door, threw several plasma granades, and fired off his fuel rod rifles. The grunts, as usual, panicked. They eventually were thrown by an explosion. "How do we get this door open?" Asked Lt. Jenkins.

"Leave it to me." Said 035. He tapped a few controls on the control panel. The door started to open, but exploded in the process. "D%&# it!" 035 said. "They planted a detonator on the door!" The explosion made door come off, making it easy to get through. After getting  through the doorway,  the marines came to a control area held by grunts. Service personell lay on the ground. "Take them alive!" Mendoza yelled. The SPARTANs had the same plan. They headlocked the grunts, held their guns up to them, and asked them a few questions. After that, a squad of marines led the grunts to a brig facility. A little after that, a team of technicians came and took control. The Marines and SPARTANs left the control facility, and after breaking the skulls of aliens in combat, the crack supercommandos reached the hangar bay. "What a long trip!" Lt. Vincenti exclaimed.

 

Pelican dropships picked up the SPARTANs and marines and  brought them down to the frozen homeworld. "Okay! LZ clear! Got your oxygen tanks on?" the dropship's voice blared over the loudspeaker. The marines took a deep breath. Below was a team of grunts and elites. Ready to battle. The fate of Earth was in the hands of these brave men.

 

Don't miss chapter 2 of this story, The Homeworld!

 

Sneak prev.

 

The world was covered in ice and methane. The covenant were very fierce here. But the crack squad of humans that the UNSC had were winning against the covenant. But now there was a problem. The marines were looking for a way up to the hovertower that the leader was waiting in for the humans. "I'll meet up with you guys later. I've got to get the party started up there. Go find another way up.." The marines and SPARTANs obeyed and went in search of another way into the structure. They saw the chief go to a covenant military airport for a ride. Suddenly a big blue explosion lit the airport up. Several flaming banshees and dropships came out. Mendoza called for the chief.

"Chief? Chief?"

No one answered.





bungie.org