halo.bungie.org

They're Random, Baby!

Fan Fiction


After Halo pt. 3 Chapter 2 The Homeworld
Posted By: Kyle<cooldud91@hotmail.com>
Date: 29 September 2002, 10:55 pm


Read/Post Comments

"Chief!" Mendoza screamed. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Why did it have to be you?"
"I'm not receiving any signal from the commander's vital brodcast or neuro-implants.' Said AI 23508. "Without his implants, he may not be able to control his MJOLNIR III armor that well or have contact with Cortana."
"He's gotta be alive." Mendoza said. "He cant die! He's SPARTAN commander!" Just then, a faint transmission came through the COM channels. "Men--doza... Take contr--... captured by--... be executed--... without me--... re transmit--... Reach--... surviving SPAR--TAN IIs... Battle... Reach."
"What does it mean?" Asked Pvt. Peters.
"I think that this transmission might have been from the commander." Mendoza replied. "But what's with that 'Surviving SPARTAN IIs'?"
"I dunno." Replied Peters, "but I do know that there is another team of  elites and grunts coming this way! Quick! Let's get outta here!" Sure enough, there was a team of covenant troops approaching from an artillery post with 2 wraiths as cover. Overhead, a banshee sprayed fire down on the human troops. But they didn't give up. Even without leadership, the human warriors attacked the covenant swiftly and set detonation mines in front of them. The covenant didn't notice that detail and the elites charged at the UNSC soldiers. The mines went off, tossing the elites into the sky. The grunts lost their confidence. "They got elites! RUN!" They took cover next to a wraith. "Fire in the hole!" yelled Sgt. Jeterson as he took out a frag grenade and tossed it at the wraith the grunts were taking cover by. "Aaiyye?" a grunt squeaked. "AAAAHHH!! RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!" the grunts ran in all directions when the grenade hit the tank. When The tank exploded the grunts realized that the only way to live was to either run away or give themselves up. And of course they chose run away. "WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!" a grunt screamed.
"Great job, Jeterson!" Remarked Corporal Harolds. "Let's take out the rest of those covenant stragglers!" Harolds pulled out his jackhammer rocket launcher and fired 2 shots: One at the banshee, bring it down, and another at the other wraith. Detonating it's artillery hold. "Okay." Said AI 23508. "There's a gravlift at the top of that hill over there. But it's guarded by several warehouses, barracks, and gun posts. It'll be hard to reach the gravlift without suffering casualties. I'll call for an evac."
"Go ahead, pal." said SPARTAN 382.

 

"All right. Come in, Robo 53! Come in!"

 

"Roger. Robo 53 here."

 

"Request reinforcements and equipment to set up base camp. Can you do it?"

 

"I'm on my way."

 
The unmistakable low whistle of pelican dropships immediately filled the sky. 6 pelicans came in carrying 4 platoons of marines, 4 warthogs, 2 scorpions, and extra camp establishment gear. "Hallelujah!" Cried Corporal Harolds as the ships deployed the troops and vehicles and supplies. "We've got supplies to last us 3 months on this icicle!"
"We're bringin' in more, too. You guys are getting some stationary guns, more vehicles,   and We're  establishing some structures down here, too! this is gonna be a permanent base."
"Acknowledged." 23508 replied.
"Look out!" Someone screamed as 4 ghosts entered the newly established command center. 2 Covenant dropships appeared in the sky holding SHADE guns on their rear clamps. Spec ops grunts left the ship. Some climbed into the SHADE cannons, while some directly attacked. "Look out!" Screamed a marine as he pulled out his shotgun. "Say hello to my little friend!" he stuck his gun in the mouth of one of the grunts and fired. Pieces of bone and shrapnel flew across the field, lodging in some of the grunts' heads. Their methane life support systems' Fyefsjfndkqnium armor immediately broke, causing the grunts to scream in pain. "You're not so tough after all!" The marine remarked. "Let's get those ghosts!"
"I'm on it." Replied SPARTAN 83. He fired his snipe rifle several times at the elites on the ghosts. The class III shredder rounds in his rifle pierced the elites' armor, wounding and killing them. He ordered 3 other SPARTANs to the other 3 ghosts, and ordered the marines to follow along in the vehicles that had been deployed.
 
 
 "Alert!" AI 23508 said. "Gqhedusge body armor alloy detected in that bunker. There are 5 elites in there!" A squad of 5 marines, all holding jackhammer rocket launchers and their sergeant piloting a scorpion, opened direct fire on the station. An internal explosion went off, and 3 angry grunts burst out. "Gletsbdf Dg Jhsofkb!" One of the elites said. "Kwkfx Qu!"
"I don't like the sound of that." Said Corporal Davidson. The grunts were holding plasma rifles, and one of them was a captain elite. The other 2 were commander elites. Davidson picked up the plasma rifle he got from a dead grunt, ran towards the captain, and jammed it into his skull. He then grabbed his plasma sword and chopped off the head of one of the commander elites. He wasted the rest of his shots on the last elite, but the commander took out his rifle and shot the brave marine in the chest. "NO!" Screamed Lt. Jackson. He kicked the elite took his plasma rifle, jammed it into the elite's skull, and wasted the gun's entire battery on the vicious alien leader. He then picked up his comrade. "Thanks." He said. Then closes his eyes. "Fred!" Jackson screamed. "WHYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!?!?!" He screamed. He grabbed his fallen comrade's plasma sword and turned the elite's head into soot. "Let's get 'em." He then says.
"Hey!" Mendoza says. "Look! There's a passageway here!"
"According to the covenant battlenet, this passageway leads to the valley, where the hovertower's gravity lift is located. Let's go." Says 23508.
"Game on!" Mendoza screamed.
 
The tunnel was filled with explosions that the marines triggered when they set the bunker on fire. Dead aliens littered the floor, dead from the blasts. At the end of the corridor there was a door sealed off by comm terminals toppled from the destructive blast that enflamed the entire hall. "Let me take care of these." Said SPARTAN 034. He picked up the barrells and opened the door. At the gravlift were 5 jackals and 2 hunters and 8 grunts guarding. "There they are!" Screamed a grunt. 034 heaved the comm terminals at the hunters. They tripped, giving the human troops the chance to destroy them. A detonation was placed on the hunters' backs. When the hunters got up, they were barbequed. The grunts and jackals weren't so hard to kill. The humans used the grunts as missiles on the jackals. The rest ran off. the marines secured a cliff that wad a SHADE cannon on it. Sgt. Stacker tossed  a frag grenade into the area that the stragglers were standing in and cleared out the rest of the guards. SPARTAN 136's voice came on over The COM channels. "All right, team. Let's square away the gravlift. Move! Move!" The humans boarded the gravlift and were lifted up to the heart of the covenant empire...
 

Don't miss the next chapter in part 3 of After Halo.

The admiral!

 

Sneak prev.

 

Chatter filled the covenant battlenet, grunts and other strange aliens wandered the hovertower, and somewhere, SPARTAN commander 035 was being held.

But where? The humans pondered that question. Just then, another Transmission was received from the commander.

 

"Come in, marines! Come in marines! I have SPARTAN II survivors from the battle of reach. But we need evac pronto! Give us assistance! Give us assistance!

.............."

More titles coming soon from Kyle Gallagher!





bungie.org