halo.bungie.org

They're Random, Baby!

Fan Fiction


He's Baaaaaack! Chapter 3- Friend or Foe?
Posted By: Killer_Fairy
Date: 24 November 2002, 1:07 am


Read/Post Comments

*Sorry for this part of the story being late. I've had computer problems, and a tad of writers block. I really hope you enjoy this chapter.
      Killer_Fairy


      Mark had finished cleaning up the Banshee, which took him the greater part of an hour, when he finally heard the familiar screeching of a Longsword engine. He looked up and saw Heather's small bomber speeding towards the hangar. He stood and watched the large aircraft come recklessly down in front of the hangar, going way too fast, and land. The Bomber slid one hundred meters after coming in for the landing too fast, coming to a rest beside him. The back door flew open, and Heather accompanied with a Spartan in full armor ran past him towards the hangar.
      "Hey!" Mark called out, "Where are you going?"
      "Just RUN!!" came Heather's response. He turned around and saw six banshees screaming towards the hangar. Mark didn't need to be told twice, and he sprinted towards the small hangar man door that Heather and the Spartan had already reached.
      Heather pulled a remote control out of her mechanics clothes, and clicked a few buttons on it. The door flew open in front of them. John ran into the hangar, and Heather followed, shutting the door.
      "That was close..." Heather panted. Because her Longsword was faster than the larger models, she had to give up most of the heavy firepower for the extra speed.
      "Where's that other guy?" Cortana inquired.
      "What guy....oh" Heather replied.
      Mark had reached the door and was slamming on it to get Heather to open it. The banshees were really close now and were starting to shoot their plasma guns at Mark. The door swung open and he dove inside, barley missing the plasma rounds.
      "Took you long enough!" Mark cried.
      "Hey, at least I didn't leave you out there" Heather replied casually. An alarm went off inside the hangar.
      "Fairy, cool it. It's just me." Heather said out to a camera on the wall.
      "Fairy?" Mark, John, and Cortana all asked.
      "Oh, that's Killer Fairy. My personal AI. She helps me out in the hangar sometimes, and keeps me company." Heather answered. A holograph of a girl with blue jeans and a tight white t-shit came up. She also had a pair of little fairy wings on her back. Her brown hair was pulled back into a pony tail, and she had a k-bar** strapped to her left thigh. "Hey Fairy. This is Mark, John and Cortana. They're allowed in here."
      "Yeah, I knew who those 2 were. I recognized the armor on John, and I saw Mark's picture on the internet. John, you can put Cortana in the control panel if you want. I don't mind sharing some space."
      "Sure." John replied, and took Cortana's chip out of his helmet, and placed it in a second slot in the control panel near Fairy's hologram. Cortana appeared beside Fairy in the hologram, pushing Fairy off the hologram a bit.
      "Hi. So....thanks for sharing some space. That suit was getting a bit crowded." Cortana told Fairy. They got started in their own little conversation.
      "John, how come you went missing?" Mark asked. "And what happened to the Pillar of Autumn? I mean, you have Cortana with you, so something must have happened. Also, where did you get that new suit?"
      "Well," started John, "You may want to sit down. This could take awhile." So John went on to explain Halo, the Flood, and what happened to the Pillar of Autumn. John had gotten his new suit on a science lab ship circling Earth. It took about three hours to explain.
      "So you disabled over 10 covenant cruisers? How did you do that?" questioned Heather.
      "I sent a virus through the covenant battle net from the bridge of the cruiser that we took over." Cortana replied from the holopanel behind John. "Then we destroyed them with the cruiser we had taken over. They were like sitting ducks. We have about a day before the covenant come back regrouped."
      "Only a day?! You got to get to the UNSC command John, and tell them so they can get ready. We don't have much time." Heather said "I'm bringing my stuff with me incase the covie's decide to attack early. Are you coming Fairy?"
      "And let you have all the fun? I don't think so!" Fairy replied. "I'll get the Longsword ready and upload myself into it."
      "Hey, I'm coming too." Mark stated, and he went off to get his armor and weapons. Heather walked up to a door, and pressed in a password. The doors slid open with a hiss, revealing a small elevator. She walked in, and hit a few more buttons, and the door shut again. The elevator made its quick descent into the basement of the hangar which was deep underground.
      The elevator doors slid open to reveal a whole underground lab, which must have stretched out over 100 meters in each direction. It had many rooms leading off from the main one. Most of the rooms you had to enter passwords to get into. She walked up to the 5th door on the left hand side of the room and entered a code. The door slid open, and the lights inside clicked on. It was a smaller room, and it had lockers all down the sides, each containing different weapons. There was one locker larger than the rest. Heather opened it to show a large glittering black suit. She had made a replacement one because her main suit still had a huge slash across the middle, and this gave her the opportunity to make a newer and better one, that had more features that would help her out in battle.
      Heather got her armor ready. Her black armor was AI compatible like John's. It also had GPS system that could bring up a floor map of any building, and some special straps on the back that could hold weapons, allowing her to carry 4 comfortably. Heather also had a mini-computer built into the arm of the armor so she could send messages, and play internet games when she got bored.
      She strapped her armor on, but left her helmet off, and put it on a shelf near the door. She pulled a shotgun, assault rifle, and thought a bit before pulling out a rocket launcher out of her weapons locker. She strapped all of the guns to her back, but left an empty spot for another weapon .She rummaged through another box that was full of regular fragmentation grenades. She pulled 4 out and stuck them in her belt, along with assorted ammunition. She walked to the door, picked up her helmet, and exited the room.
      "Hey, Fairy, are we almost ready?" Heather called out once she was in the main lab. A hologram appeared on the wall beside her.
      "Not just yet Heather, Mark left to get his armor, and he isn't back yet. I let him use the Warthog with the automatic aiming, just incase those Banshees were still out there." Fairy reported
      "Ok, thanks Fairy. Is that it?" Heather asked
      "Oh, Mark just got back." Killer Fairy thought for a second. "Oh....and you left the elevator door unlocked." Heather never had let anyone down into her underground lab, she had too much stuff down there that she didn't want anyone seeing or tinkering with.
      "Fairy, can you lock the doors for me please?" Heather asked
      "Um, too late, Cortana re-opened them." Fairy replied.
      "How did she get access to the security locks?!" Heather shouted
      "Oops. I guess when she was entered in the system, I forgot to block off the security codes from her...but I was positive that I did though..." Fairy stated, and thought a bit more.
      "Who's coming down?" Heather enquired
      "It's John." Fairy answered
      "How much longer until John gets down to this level? Try to stop it"
      "He's already down here." Heather and Fairy both looked towards the elevator. They could only see the top of the door slide open, because a desk was blocking the view of the elevator. Heather lowered her voice to a whisper.
      "Is Cortana still in the system?" Heather asked. Fairy thought again.
      "No" She replied.

      **A k-bar is a knife about five to six inches long, used mostly by people in the army.





bungie.org