halo.bungie.org

They're Random, Baby!

Fan Fiction


Omega Red Chapter 3
Posted By: Kane172<Kane172@aol.com>
Date: 24 December 2002, 8:18 pm


Read/Post Comments

     1600 Hours, November 29, 2565 (Military Calendar)/
     Chi-Gong-Fi System, Xhosa-Ming Space Station
     Sector Zulu 12, Funeral Room, In Orbit Over Ki-Shing IV

"We give these soldiers to the earth the place that they would have fought so valiantly to protect, now we shall fight for them."  That was the first thing Cain said as a Petty Officer in the UNSC. "They are our fallen brothers in a fight in which we could not fight back the only fight a Spartan will ever be denied an honorable death."
The 59 coffins were launched into space towards the systems star.  Erik stood attention watching his dead friends float away into the star.  He and sixteen other Spartans were the remaining combat ready elite of Omega Red.
After a day of packing up the team boarded the Black Dragon for the second time to go to a new Spartan School which was organized by five loyal Elite who were going to train Omega Red in the art of Covenant warfare, how to speak and read the Covenant language, and how to control Covenant ships. This would help the team in many different ways. It would equip them with the ability to see and anticipate many Covenant maneuvers and strategies it would give them the ability to steal Covenant technologies and machines.  
     
     0100 Hours, November 30, 2565 (Military Calendar)/
     Ki Fong Star Cluster, Outer Rim
     Aboard UNSC Destroyer Black Dragon, Bridge

UNSC Fleetcom Promotion Notification

      /start file/
Lieutenant Commander I am pleased to inform you that you have recently been promoted to Captain you will receive your new uniform at you next destination
      /end file/

      Captain Samuel Stallin left his quarters and headed for the bridge to find out what happened over the night.  
      "We are ready to leave Captain." One of the crewmen said.
      "What are you talking about I'm only a lt. cmdr.?" Stallin said with surprise.
      "Not any more the ship was notified at 0100 hours this mourning."
      "Really where are we headed lieutenant."
      "Hayfong 2, the Military fortress holds the Spartans new training ground."
      "Are the Spartans boarded?"
      "Ready and waiting."
      "Lets go then."
      "Hayfong 2, that is where we were taught the human tongue, right Shouw." An Elite gurgled out to the other.
      "Yes, Kosh and his brothers are there.  They are the first to be 'awakened'." Shouw responded to his comrade, in his disgruntled accent.
      "They revealed to me that the prophets were false."  The Hunter commented in an even worse sounding English than the other two.
      The third elite remained silent throughout the whole conversation about when they were "awakened".  
      The ship rocketed away from the station as the soldiers of a group called the "awakened" talked about when and where they met the awakened prophet still preaching in the home system, waking more.
      
      Cain and Erik walked together to the Black Dragon cafeteria for their mourning meal. "Where do you think we're goin' now?" Erik asked
      "Me, I think we're goin' to the cafeteria, cause I'm hungry." Cain said with a hint of humor in his voice.
      "Ohh k, I'll take that as an I don't know."
      "So what are you going to eat?"
      "The usual, a whole turkey three steaks and a gallon of ice cream for desert."
      "I thought you were having a meal."
      "I'm not that hungry though, what are you having"
      "Same as you."
      They sat down in the cafeteria in the corner where there were no marines and crewmen sitting. And began to eat their massive meals.  The Master Chief sat down next to the boys, he seemed like he was finally moving at normal speed instead of his usual warp speed.  "Why so slow, Sir" Cain asked
      "You're just feeling the effects of the Spartan enhancements, everything is going to seem slow and light for a while, you'll get used to it."
      "What did you put in us?"
      "That, Petty Officer, is highly classified."
      "Well what do they do then?"
      "Some make you stronger and some make your reaction time quicker. That's basically it."  
      "So now we are, like, super soldiers right?"
      "No, Super soldiers are fiction we are reality."
      Suddenly a loud thud echoed through the ship.  The Master Chief got up and ran off.  Yelling to the boys as he ran "STAY THERE!!"
      Master Chief burst onto the bridge wondering what was going on the out the main view port he saw a battle between a small human force that was calling for help, Chief assumed that the Black Dragon was responding, to the mayday.  
      "Captain what's our status?" the Master Chief asked.
      "Shields at fifty percent, we were hit by a stray missile.  It seems that the Covenant are trying to glass the planet."
      "That force has two careers, sir, it's a planetary invasion squad."  Shouw stated.
      "Are you sure?" Master Chief asked
      "Positive, there is a glassing convoy in slip space ready to go though, incase any plans go wrong."
      "Captain, lets surprise the glassing convoy while they waiting."  Chief suggested.
      "Brilliant idea Master Chief."  The Captain announced to the bridge.  "You heard the Chief, people, lets get movein'."
      "SIR!" The majority of the bridge-hands shouted.
The Black Dragon stealth fully approached the dormant convoy in slip-space.  
"Charge the plasma torpedoes and saber cannon, ready the MAC guns, take the safeties off all weapons, man all defensive turrets."  The Captain said coldly to the crew.  The bridge was silent except for a few beeps and clicks as the crew fulfilled the Captains orders.  "At my command fire both forward MAC guns at the cruiser, then just before impact launch missile pods A-1 through A-5 at the cruiser, and a plasma torpedo at each of the destroyers, and the saber cannon at the frigate."  The ship crawled for a few moments.  "NOW"
A glorious barrage stampeded towards the unsuspecting convoy.  Suddenly one destroyer jolted out of slip-space but the torpedo was redirected towards the other destroyer just in time to sandwich it between two bolts of radioactive plasma.  The cruisers shield flickered and was shot out by the first MAC round the second obliterated the ships hull, and then the rockets finished the job.  The beam from the Saber Cannon sliced through the shield and hull of the frigate then exploded but it wasn't enough to finish off the ship before it managed to launch some fighters and two plasma torpedoes.
"Fire missile pods A-6 through A-15 at that frigate now!" The Captain shouted.  The rockets twisted out of their tubes and jetted toward their target.  "Now let's go help out the people on that planet."  The Black Dragon shot out of slip-space just in time for the two plasma torpedoes to collide with each other and strand the fighters in slip-space forever.  The Black Dragon dropped out of slip-space just in time to stop the invasion of Hayfong 7.  The Captain decided to test out the Fire-Storm Accelerator, it tore through the covenant ships like a surgical laser. That was the end of a small covenant fleet to one human ship.  





bungie.org