halo.bungie.org

They're Random, Baby!

Fan Fiction


Unexpected Surprises part 3
Posted By: JediKnight114<JediKnight114@aol.com>
Date: 29 October 2002, 5:49 pm


Read/Post Comments

"Bearing?" asked the captain
"course 117-41 by 88.2, a slight adjustment due to our drift, and well our present operating power sir"
"good" the Aquarius was undergoing (underway repairs) meaning the crew was doing their best to patch everything up after the battle. A surprise victory it was, for everyone, now that everyone had a chance to relax, well most of them. The system techs and engineers were working 13 hour shifts to pull the repairs, they didn't want to show up and make the Marine Corps look bad. John looked up and realized he was trailing sweat, he laughed at himself on the inside, his pathetic fear of ships. How that would come to haunt him one day he thought.
"how are the repairs coming Lieutenant?" asked the captain
"sir, . . . Ahead of schedule sir will be done within 2 hours"
"I want it done faster no excuses!" demanded Lewis
"YES SIR!" shouted the Lieutenant as he sounded off in compliance

The Aquarius decelerated, normal space rushing into view. Power readings and all normal functions and procedures had resumed. The ship was bustling with activity as every single crew member, in exception for the Spartans were dressing into their dress whites and pinned all their decorations on their chests. Everything done with military accuracy the captain being the most decorative. Boasting the Medal of Honor, Navy Cross, a purple heart, silver star, and the honorary Legion medal, Along with several other ribbons. The Spartans polished their armor and flicked on their shields to give themselves a green/ gold look to themselves, portraying them as the were gods.
"sir Fegahn VI has opened a com channel"
"on screen" the image appeared and the General of the UW forces face was shown. Lewis stood tall, no one would have noticed his small figure they way he stood, proud honorable, and respectfully.
"Sir I am Captain Lewis of the UNSC Aquarius, this is my XO Lieutenant Cordova, we have come to take you up on the offer to unify, repel, and to eliminate covenant forces".
"well Captain you seem to know your stuff, ODST, impressive I will be looking forward to talk with you. I'm sure we can put our heads together on this subject".
"Sir I thank you, Requesting permission to come a landing"
"granted bring your escort to these coordinates 127N by 87 W, and land on docking platform 8C"
"Yes sir" with that he ordered the transmition cut. He let out a heavy sigh thinking to himself, well that went pleasant. He hoped that this would work, hell of a way to play a trump card for the human race he thought. He gathered the Spartans lead by John and boarded his personal Yacht. His Yacht was outfitted with a mark VIII Mac turret on the top bow section, with a laser ball turret on the hull, with Iwo Jima class shields protecting it. John and the other Spartans took their seats strapped themselves in and made ready. They were armed to the teeth, MA 5Ds a longer barreled then MA 5Bs, they also had an old fashion .45 caliber pistol with armor piercing rounds and 5 class C frag grenades, and 3 D ring thermal grenades. They were altogether a formal force to recon with, it would take a lot to take these guys out.
The ship descended through the atmosphere winding softly down through the cloud ceiling as the land came into view they all admired the beauty, it looked just like earth
Sky scrapers as tall as huge pillars standing free of restraint. Traffic even was as heavy as earth, this was humankind flourishing at its best. The yacht came in with two decorative Long Sword fighters, to meet an escort of a new kind of fighter. It was a heavily armed triple hulled ship with a nuke firing bay, and on each wing were 8 separate plasma and laser firing pods, 4 for plasma, 4 for laser. On the tip of each wing lay an ion booster for extra maneuverability, and a Mac cannon in the nose and a forward deflector shield. In all the ship looked very impressive, john thought to himself, that he'd have to see them in action. As they continued along winding and twisting through urban, then military facilities until  the landing platform came into view a full welcome comity was there, all of them dressed in their formal attire.

The yacht floated downward effortlessly and then swiveled as 3 stabilizer plates jutted out from the hull and the yacht touched down soft enough to have landed on an egg with out cracking the shell, showing john's excellent piloting capabilities. The boarding plank lowered and the Spartans were all at different points around Lewis, making the Captain the center of the formation, all of them were walking in unison.  The General of the UW was standing alone to greet the 4 men walking toward him as they all prompted a crisp, rigid salute, the general returned it as the formation cam to a halt and the Spartans all spread out along Lewis. The general shook Lewis' hand as Lewis glanced at the generals' name tag it read Atwater . He thought to himself, humph I've seen that name before, he didn't pay much attention to it afterwards.

"right this way captain Lewis" gestured the general
"yes sir, Kelly stay here and watch my ship"
"sir!"
Now with one less person they all marched behind the general his men were slowly trailing the group. As they entered a massive building the general "spoke here is where we are to hold our conference." they were all lead through winding corridors walled with stainless steel and dimly lit lights. They then entered a huge hall which led to a gigantic conference room, already delegates and officials from the outer realms and UNSC were conversion quietly. The UNSC delegates who saw Lewis all saluted, and acknowledged the mighty Spartans as they took their seats in the comfortable levitating chairs which had a key pad on them by which to move around the room. John felt suspicious and eyed a group of outer realms officers as well as a couple UNSC Intel members.

"Gentlemen" everyone turned their attention to a platform which hovered around to the center of the group, there sat the Commanding General of the entire outer realms. "as you all know the covenant are advancing fast, we have lost almost every tactical advantage we previously had . . . With earth gone we have only the Spartan community left, he nodded towards John, they themselves have been our saviors for the past time they are the only secret left,  it is up to us and the alliance with the Criagg to put an end to this."

"what!" Shouted a voice from beyond the table, it was a UNSC Intel agent. He had defiantly made himself known, thought John.
"what is your quarrel with our decision?"
"you all don't really think its possible do you, you smothering bunch of scum!" Juan was quick to raise form his seat but Fred held him back.
"what !? How dare you! To have the balls so insult us like this we should have killed your kind long ago, your meddling ways the government is what brought reach and earth to its death, the government introduced us to the covenant!"
"you don't know the half of it you cocky bastard! The covenant were to help us but then a renegade faction rallied together for a religious war"
"THAT'S ENOUGH OF YOUR INSULENCE!" retorted the commander. He motioned his arm and four marines came in with shotguns and pointed to the agent's head.





bungie.org