halo.bungie.org

They're Random, Baby!

Fan Fiction


Wrong or Right Part 3: figuring things out
Posted By: Harley<kud321@Rock.com>
Date: 27 February 2003, 4:07 am


Read/Post Comments

      The Marines and Death all headed straight for the entrance they knelt down with their backs against the rocky wall, Death poked his head around the entrance’s corner, he motioned for the two to move up. All they saw was holographic computers covering the east wall and blood stains covering the west wall.
      “What happened here?” John said while covering his nose to keep the stench of dead bodies filling the air.
      “I have no idea something’s wrong here.” Death said.
      The three moved ahead to enter a room with even more dead bodies, Derek looked around and took a step back in aw looking at an Elite hung on the wall with a sharp, steel pipe sticking out its chest a big blood spot was covering half the wall.
      “Wow someone or something sure did a number on these guys.”
      “Umm. Really nothing is right here.” Death said quietly.
      “That’s for sure.” John said kneeling near a Jackal with a knife stuck in one eye, blood was still oozing out of it.
      Death turned towards the marines.
      “Alright here’s the deal were going to look for any survivors if u find something call me on my comm.
      “Yes sir.”
      The three went out the automatic doors and went separate ways; Death went into a room and saw an Elite leader with a sword implanted in its lower back laying face down on its desk. Death checked the room for about 2 more minutes; he finally exited and got a call on his comm.
      “This is John I found a Grunt, he’s pretty battered up.”
      “Alright I’ll be there.” Death turned the direction where John was and ran Derek ran out a room tailing right behind him; they made a few corners finally stopping to see John point his Pistol at a Grunt who was lying down. Derek and John grabbed the Grunt and sat him against the wall; Death walked up and knelt in front of the almost unconscious Grunt.
      “What happened here?”
      The Grunt replied in a stuttering voice.
      “They ambushed us, they killed everyone they hurt me pretty badly.”
      “What about the documents you stole from us? And who is they.”
      “The documents are token and the...” The Grunt stopped and looked at Death and just hung there in the marine’s hands, the marines sat the Grunt down and checked for any signs of life.
      “Sir it’s dead.”
      “Alright were going to get some things straight here, now lets go back to base and tell the Captain what happened.”
      “Aye sir.”
      The three ran to the entrance and went to the LZ after a couple of minutes John caught sight of the Pelican.
      “Theirs our ride.”
      “Alright lets get aboard.” Death said over the loud engines
      They waited there until it came to a stop, they all jumped in and the Pelican lifted up and it flew off.
      Inside the cargo bay of the Pelican Death was speaking to his team
      “Alright were going to tell the Captain what happened, and see what he wants us too do?”
      “Yes sir.”
      The three sat there in total silence just the noise of the engines, Derek looked out the back of the bay and saw a battle going on, he turned towards Death.
      “Sir look.”
      Death got up and sat in front of Derek, Death grabbed his comm. And told the pilot to land were the battle was raging on.
      “Yes sir.” The Pelican pulled an easy U-turn and descended, the Covenant started to fire at the Pelican, finally the Pelican stopped and the marines jumped out.
      Death jumped out and told the pilot to wait on top of a cliff about 200yds north.
      “Alright sir.”
      John and Derek were battling a couple of Grunts, Death turned towards the battle and fired his weapon he killed two Grunts and a Jackal easy kills for him.
      Death ran up too a man, John and Derek were tailing right behind.
      “Sir glad you’re here, I’m Sargeant Jerry Connor.”
      “What happened here?”
      “My squad and me were traveling back to Base in our Pelican which is over there.” Death turned his head towards a flaming Pelican with skid marks in the ground where it slid to a stop.
      “Well Something resembled your suit of armor I thought it was one of our guys until it pulled out a Rocket launcher and blasted it at us, the Pelican tried to dodge the missile but it was too late it hit one of the engines in the back which lead out an explosion which killed two marines, we hit the ground hard but slid to a stop which killed one other person. We have five remaining marines.”
      “Alright you’ll get a ride with us.” Death said.
      “Thanks sir.”
      Death turned and saw John and Derek fighting two Grunts and an Elite. Death ran towards the group and fired a couple of shots two shots killed the Grunts, Death ran towards the Elite and smacked it in it’s shoulder breaking it, the Elite let out a great scream, it fired a couple of shots but was too weak to aim persist, it fell down on one knee and was met with the Spartans boot in its face, Breaking it’s jaw, Death lifted up his pistol and fired a shot, blood streamed out the Elites head and it fell to the ground.
      John leaned sideways towards Derek.
      “Wow he’s good, I never actually got to see a Spartan in action.”
      “You serious. Yeah they are pretty good.”
      Death walked up too Sargeant again.
      “Who’s your Captain?”
      “Charles Paunesew.”
      “Alright we’ll give you a ride to your base.”
      “Thanks.”
      “John, Derek got a small favor to ask of you. Go and help Sergeants men.”
      “Right away sir.”
      John and Derek turned toward the small structure where serge’s men were, and opened fire on the closest covenant.
      While John and Derek were busy with the covenant Death took out his Comm. and pressed a few buttons.
      “Captain we didn’t get the documents back but the place you sent us was ambushed, we found a Grunt but didn’t give us enough information only that this thing came and it’s men came and killed everyone and took the documents.”
      “Alright get back here and we’ll talk more.”
      “Yes sir. Over and out.”
      Death put his Comm. back up and turned to see John and Derek with covenant blood on their armored suits.
      “That was hard, but were finished sir.” Derek said exhausted.
      “Alright good job, were going to go back to base.” Death took out his Comm. again.
      “Alright were ready to go pilot, got a few men to take back to their base.”
      “I don’t have enough fuel to make two flights but I’m sure the Captain will give them a Pelican to take them.”
      “Alright.”
      Out in the distance the Pelican flew over the cliff and descended to the ground.
      “Alright everyone onboard put the wounded on the floor.”
      John and Derek, a few other men started to load a couple of wounded soldiers on the floor of the Pelican before jumping on.
      “Sir all bodies onboard let’s go.” The Pelican rose up and blasted off.
      A man in the back was laying his head down on his lap sobbing; Death sat next to him and put his arm on his shoulder.
      “What’s wrong soldier?”
      “I lost my brother during the battle against those covenant bastards, they killed him I told him not to join but he refused. He was the only one I could talk too and now I lost him.”
      “Well now. Think of it this way instead of being stuck here where all the fighting and killing is going on. He’s in a better place, I’m sure he was a good marine who fought strong for Earth.”
      The marine sat up and put his head against the side of the cargo bay; he looked towards the Spartan.
      “Thanks.”
      A marine next to Death complimented on his quote.
      “Thanks, I usually just think of quotes during battles and things.”
      The Comm. came back on.
      “Sir were here.”
      “Alright good.”
      The Captain was standing next to the LZ where the Pelican was landing.
      “Death I need to see you, but first lets get these men back to their base.”
      “Yes sir.”
      The Captain walked past Death towards Sargeant, the Sargeant saluted.
      “At ease Sargeant. What’s your name?”
      “Jerry Connors sir.”
      “Who’s your Captain?”
      “Charles Paunesew.”
      “So what happened to your squad?”
      “We were blown out of the sky killing a few men, it looked like a Spartan but it shot at us so we were in trouble.”
      “Umm... Ok I’ll look into that. But lets get you a ride.”
      Sargeant walked back up too his men who were sitting on the gravel.
      “Don’t get comfortable men were leaving now.”
      A Pelican flew over the marine’s heads and landed yards away.
      “Death I need to see you in my office.”
      “Yes sir.”
      The two men walked in the automatic doors down the corridor and into Captains office.
      “Have a seat.”
      Death pulled out a chair from under the desk and sat down.
      “So the covenant did take the documents in the first place, but it was ambushed and taken by something else, and a Grunt didn’t help at all. But we will get those documents back no matter what.
      (Part 4 coming soon)





bungie.org