halo.bungie.org

They're Random, Baby!

Fan Fiction


Revolution 2 Return of the Forerunner Part 5: Last Freedom
Posted By: Gruntkiller<ttavenor@nf.sympatico.ca>
Date: 29 November 2002, 1:25 am


Read/Post Comments

      The squad ran up though the narrow hall of the ancient Forerunner complex preparing themselves for the fight of their lives. Sweat rolled down Alts face under the helmet of his atmosphere suit, his finger rapped around the trigger of his MAC rifle. The troops ran around a corner revealing the gateless entry to the mostly underground complex, outside everything seemed just like it was before, the ground still covered in twilight and the beech undisturbed except for the footprints of the troops.

      "Look!" yelled a marine pointing up in the sky.
      
      Up in the sky a large triangular Forerunner ship fired a huge blue beam straight through the Thespian causing its fusion reactors to go off lighting up the piece of the once magnificent structure like the sun once did.

      "Shit," said a near by elite.

      "O crap," said Alt as his mind raced to find a way out of there. "You two, go see if those old human vehicles he passed by still work," said Alt pointing at two marines, "the rest of you we will take cover over there in those rocks."

      Minutes later the roar of the ancient warthog's engines could be heard coming from a little ways away, then the two warthogs turned the corner and came to a stop near the rock were Alt was hidden just as they would have 150 years ago.

      "This things pretty sweet," said a Marine who sat in the driver's seat of one.

      "Do those guns still work," asked Alt looking at the huge 50 caliber machine guns attached to the backs of both warthogs.

      "Jump in the back and try it out," said a Marine.

      Alt carefully stepped up into the back of the warthog and but his hands around the two grips, behind them there were levers, he pulled down on them, the barrel quickly spit out a bullet and rotated letting out another, the vibrations of the powerful gun shook Alt's arms and body, it felt almost good.

      Alt looked up into the squad suddenly remembering their situation, "get those things up into the rocks so that you can see the beech, I want you guys to operate the guns on them two do you understand."

      "Yes sir," said the Marines in unison.

      Several minutes later the troops laid on their stomachs with their guns pointing in all possibly approaches of the enemy.

      "I don't think they're coming," said a Marine near Alt.

      "What's that," said an Elite pointing up in the sky.

      Up above a cigar shaped Forerunner drop ship came speeding down towards the island, suddenly around 300m it slowed down and slowly began to land on the sand in front of the troops.

      "Don't open fire until they are all out of the ship," said Alt, watching as a door in the side of the drop ship facing them opened up.

      Slowly 20 of the Jackal like creatures walked out of the cigar shaped drop ship holding what resembled pistols with large barrels.

      "Fire!" said Alt as he took aim at the nearest creature.

      From up farter in the rocks the two 50mm guns of the warthogs clattered to life sending hundreds of rounds at the enemies, all around troops opened up with their MAC rifles, the sound of guns firing was enough the make a person with no ear protection go deaf.

      The Forerunner troops stood still for a moment in shock trying to figure out were they were being fired upon from but then they lifted their pistol like guns and fired orange bolts of a strange plasma into the rocks.

      An Elite that lay near Alt was struck in the head with one of the orange shots he fell to the ground immediately unconscious. Alt looked up to see an orange flash he dropped his weapon and blacked out.

~

      Alts eyes opened up slowly he lay on the metal floor of a strange holding cell, at the entrance a plasma shield blocked all exits. Out side two of the Jackal like creatures walked up and looked in.

      "This ones recovering, in an hour or so they should all be up," said one who was slightly shorter then the other.

      The other wore a strange golden robe and had an air of power, "good ill take them all, and they should please the crowds."

      "That they will do, there fighters all of them, I can guarantee it," said the smaller one.

Next: The Stadium





bungie.org