halo.bungie.org

They're Random, Baby!

Fan Fiction


Fallen Angel: Part 1 Reunion
Posted By: Gruntkiller/Covert<ttavenor@nf.sympatico.ca>
Date: 20 December 2002, 2:33 am


Read/Post Comments

      Dear readers
      This series is the works of me, (Gruntkiller) and Covert. Both of us have worked hard in coming up with a premise and ideas for what we hope will be an overly successful series. To any readers of my revolution 2 series I will not be writing any more chapters for it, I hit a dead end with plot. But please give this series a chance me and covert have worked hard to make sure it is as enjoyable as possible. And now to the story.


      BANG! The door behind John was slammed shut by an elite. John now stood in the middle of a dark room wearing a dirty tattered once white robe, his skin was covered in blisters cuts and bruises from the near endless torture by his captors.

      Not even a month had passed since John had destroyed halo but to him it seemed like years. While John had waited in space for the engines of the long sword fighter to cool down he was caught. A Covenant dreadnought called the Rapier captured him when it was sent to see what had happened to the Covenant fleet that had attempted to take control of halo. Cortana seeing what had happened exterminated herself so that the Covenant could never learn her secrets. After his capture John was submitted to every form of torture the covenant could think of, from mental pain to physical pain the average human would of gladly accepted a painful death even if they only felt a fraction of the pain John had felt.

      John fell to his bloody knees on the hard metal floor of the dark room he collapsed to his side breathing heavily trying to control the pain that throbbed through his body.

      "Well if it isn't my old school friend," said a cold human voice from the darkness.

      Suddenly the room was light up by a bright white light revealing a steel table with two steel chairs at either end of it. In one sat a human wearing a black skin-tight suit.

      John sat there staring at the figure with the eyes of a man who had seen many painful sights.

      "Do you remember me John," said the figure.

      "It... it can't be...your dead," struggled John with fear in his voice.

      "The person you knew is dead," said the figure, "he died years ago in the Chi Ceti 4 system, you remember the corvette that you left for dead on."

      "You died in the explosion!" yelled out John now with disbelief in his voice, "it can't be, Sam died making sure that corvette was destroyed!"

      "The Sam you knew died there," said the figure, "and I was born."

      "How is this possible," asked John painfully.

      "Minutes before the explosion the Sam you knew was captured by several elites," said the man in a cold voice. " They escaped with him in a lifeboat. And then they showed him the truth. Thus bringing birth to me, the fallen Spartan Sam."

      "Truth?" asked John feeling weaker and weaker.

      "We are all here for a purpose John," said Sam, "mine and the Covenants is to clean the galaxy from the parasites that once drove the gods from their home. Once we are finished the gods will come again, and then we too will be elevated to their status."

      John was in shock; he could never in his most horrible of thoughts have come up with this. Now in front of him Sam stood up and walked around the table until he stood in front of John who was still on his knees.

      "Are you willing to give into the will of the gods," asked Sam.

      "Never, I will never betray my friends," said John now in so much pain tears are coming from his eyes.

      "Fine," said Sam taking a long metal shaft with a pointed barbed head from the table, he began to examine the head for any problems. "Do you know what this is John?"

      Before John could say anything Sam began to talk again, "this is an ancient tool used by the elite race. They called it a truth drawer."

      Sam looked up at John with an evil grin on his face, "its slowly driven through the flesh and bone into the heart, its covered in pain inducing chemicals strong enough to make even the hardest of spies to spit out everything form the location of their boss and what his arsenal contains right down to the scores of the local gravball teams. But why should I be telling you how it feels, your about to find out firsthand."

      Sam slowly brought the truth drawer down so that its tip touched John's chest. Pain shot up through John's chest almost making him double over in pain and the point hadn't even broke skin yet. John tried to fight back but his hands were tied behind his back with thick chains. Slowly Sam push inwards driving the truth drawer's point through Johns skin and into his flesh.

      The pain in John's flesh was the like a million white-hot knives all stabbing and twisting under his skin. John clenched his teeth as sweat rolled down his body, every vein in his body throbbed in pain. Slowly the truth drawer sank into his flesh, in scrapped one of John's ribs as it entered the chest cavity.

      "AHHHHHHHHHHH!" John screamed out in pain as the truth drawer began to pierce his heart killing him.

      John's body went limp and fell away onto the cold metal floor of the covenant dreadnought, the truth drawer's end stuck out of Johns chest almost like an arrow, blood flowing out of his mouth, and nose.

      "If only he had known how hopeless his cause was," said Sam as he walked over to John's body and hauled the truth drawer out of John's lifeless chest, "If only he had known."

Next: Escape





bungie.org