halo.bungie.org

They're Random, Baby!

Fan Fiction


The Great Elite
Posted By: Cory<cshinchey@netscape.net>
Date: 24 December 2002, 5:22 pm


Read/Post Comments

Five marines were getting their buts kicked in a small forest in Halo. Two banshee's flying in fast on them. Yup, the marines were done for. All of the sudden, a banshee blew up. Master Chief was there. Mc (Master chief) burst bullets at the last banshee and it went down. There were still more Covenant.

"Marines! cover me!" Mc yelled out. "Yes sir!" Elites, jackels, and grunts sprayed plasma at Mc but he was to fast. Mc threw a grenade and sprayed down the Covenant. First grunts, jackels, then elites lye down on the floor with blood gushing out of them. "Well, easy enough."

Cortana said. "O yeah, You didn't do anything." A marine replied. "O shut up." All of the sudden, plasma grenades fell from the sky landing on the five marines blowing them up. Mc dove under a rock for cover. Hearing the loudest noise he's heard in a while. "There everywhere!!!!!!!!"

Cortana shrieked. "Hey whose the pro here?" Mc answered. Suddenly, the grenades stopped exploding. "Wart! Wart! Wart!" a Covenant elite yelled. Mc jumped from under the rock and started to spray the elite down. Someone hit Mc from behind. It was the elite! Mc turned around and shot some more.

The elite wasn't there! "Look, up above!" Cortana yelled. It was the elite in midair throwing plasma grenades some more! Mc took his own plasma grenade from his belt and threw it up blowing up all the plasma grenades. POW! Mc layed on the floor fainted with blood coming out of his suit.
      Mc was a sleep for nearly an hour on the ground at the same place. "Cortana, what happened?" Mc asked frantically nearly blinded by whatever happend. "Cortana, answer please!" No answer. The chip was gone that inserts to Mc that Cortana is in! Its not there!

That elite took off with Cortana! The covenant will learn every thing from her technology! "Echo419 do you copy?" Mc said into his radio. "Yes. Is everything allright? She replies. "Um.......... Yeah, I just need picked up at the site where you dropped off my group two hours ago." He said frantically. "Sure." About 15 minutes later she came to pick him up and took him to the H.Q.

      Mc hurried down to Captain Keyes thinking what he's going to say to the captain because Cortana and Keyes seemed to be friends some how.

When he got to the captain Mc yelled frantically saying that Cortana is gone. (It's one way to do it) "What do you mean gone?" the captain said calmly (NOT!)

"I just fainted and she was gone. It wasn't my fault, some elite came and knocked me out from somewhere and took off with the chip she was in I guess." Mc said harshly. Breathing hardly, Captain Keyes said "You, I, and 30 pro marines are going to the enemy base to rescue her". "Yes sir!" Mc said and walked off.

      Mc was walking towards the lunch room to have dinner. A marine came up to him and said "Sir, I heard about the mission and I'm in charge of the plans. Follow me to the bridge." "I'm hungry idiot." Mc grumbled. "What did you say? You were grumbling."

"O nothing." Mc followed dissapointed. When they got there, Mc looked at the plans and agreed.

      The next hour the intorcom came on with Captain Keye's voice. "Everybody at your position. We're ready for the attack."

Mc headed for the dropship that was going to take them to the Covenant base on the far side of Halo. There were two dropships filled quickly and Mc sat by the captain discussing what they were going to do. It was a long ride .

Finnaly they got there spraying the elites and grunts guarding the entrance. The door was locked so they took a grenade to blow it up. They sneeked into the main hallway and it seemes as if thier were 50 covenant in the hallway. Each marine threw a grenade then sprayed down the Covenant. Mc took down the two hunters then took out the rest of the Covenant. When that was over, they hurried threw the hallways searching rooms and killing any Covenant that got in thier way. A plasma grenade hooked on to a marine named Ben.

"Get this thing of me!" Ben yelled and he blew up nearly missing another marine. "Where did that come from?" Another marine yelled

"I don't know!" The captain said. Three grunts, five jackels, and ten elites came from behind. "You!" I thought you were dead!"

The elite that took Cortana yelled. "Well, it did hurt!" Mc yelled back. The marines and the Covenant started shooting at each other.

Grenades scattered the air blowing up on the ground like crazy. "This is suicide!" A marine yelled right before a plasma grenade fell on him. A door blew up to the left and FLOOD scattered everywhere!!! Mc and captain hid for cover and all the other marines were dead. Mc took out his shotgun and started blasting the floods heads off. All the Covenant were dead except the elite that took Cortana. The elite sprayed plasma at the Flood killing them and there were no more flood after that. The elite's shield was gone and so was Mc's. The elite shot but nothing came out. He had no more ammo! "Where is Cortana?" Mc asked with the shotgun raised at the elites head. "Who?" The elite asked. "The AI you took from me earlier!" "O, she's right in that room."

"Thankyou." POW! Mc shot the elites head off. Blood was all over the floor covering every single thing. The captain blew the door down and rescued Cortana.
      At the base Mc came up to Cortana and sked when no one was looking, "What did the elite him me with to knock me out?"

"Well, Another dead elite." She answered. "Well that was stupid. Mc walked off imbarresed.





bungie.org