halo.bungie.org

They're Random, Baby!

Fan Fiction


I want to be a Spartan Chapter Two
Posted By: assman<armegedenisnow@hotmail.com>
Date: 20 November 2002, 8:15 pm


Read/Post Comments

The sun was high in the sky casting small and discrete shadows on the band of warriors, trudging through the sand. They where sweating profusely and some of them had trouble to walk. Master chief was at point, closely followed by Jenkins. He kept asking the chief questions. Like what his armour was like and how hard it was to flip a scorpion. That master chief was smiling under his helmet. He liked this kid. He had to make sure he didn't get hit.
      They carried on walking. It was quiet, too quiet. Silently, without the others noticing, Mendoza at the back was taken away from the group, a firm and scaly hand over his mouth. He was dragged into a corner, behind a rocky outcrop. Out of nowhere 3 gold elites appeared, each one brandishing a plasma sword. Mendoza, although a new recruit, knew what they could do to a man. The first one bent over. He took away the marines weapons, breaking his rifle in half. Mendoza wondered if they where going to interrogate him. He looked up at the elite closest to him, obviously the leader. It laughed, a blood curdling laugh and promptly smashed Mendoza over the head, knocking him out cold.
The rest of the squad wandered on oblivious. Jenkins kept in conversation with master chief all the time. He was starting to get on the chiefs nerves now. As they moved on they found a couple of small patrols, nothing serious. One of the marines got minor plasma burns from a pack of grunts they found, feeding on a dead animal. The thing was that it was rather quiet. The brief said they would have to face heavy resistance all the way through, until they reached the ammo dump and command centre. Master chief was meant to have gone in from the back. There he would have faced much resistance but this way he thought he could relax a little. At least for a rest and nourishment. After about 3 hours of endless hiking they stopped under a giant tree. They drank from their flasks and had some k-rations. Peterson explained how k-rations had been used since the early 20th centaury. They still tasted as bad as the used too. One of the men came running from a small clump of bushes. "Has anybody seen Mendoza?" he asked to no avail. The men spent 30 minutes or so looking for him and calling for him, which the chief thought was extremely dangerous. But try as they might they couldn't find him and had to make the painful decision to go on without him. They trekked on.
After another hour of walking and scanning the horizon for any sighn of Mendoza they approached a small desert basin. There were a few bushes around the outside and a steep cliff all around, except for their entrance. In the open was the toppled warthog around the centre of the clearing. There were a few marines scattered around it, obviously dead, but one, lying half way in the warthog, was clearly moving. The marines moved up to him, following master chief perfectly as they checked the surroundings for danger. "I though we are the first humans to enter this part of the ring", Foley said, "What was a scout group doing here. I though we where the scout group!"
      Master chief shook his head. Something stank but he wasn't sure what. They reached the light assault vehicle, which was in tatters but still looked drivable, and pulled out the marine, who was trapped inside. It was Mendoza! He opened his mouth "Trap" he whispered, "it's a Trap get out." Master chief spun around assault rifle ready to fire. No one was in sight, human or alien. He looked back at the marine who was obviously badly wounded. He wondered what the hell was going on. He heard a sound. Like air being released out of a balloon. Suddenly from nowhere elites started popping up on the edges of the clearing. The marines cried in dismay. Jenkins held up his rifle to shoot but chief grabbed it. "No point", He said, "we're surrounded."

(Thanks for reading again. I reckon I am going to post a new part of this story every fortnight or so, each one of similar length. I hope you all like it! I am hoping to write two or three more chapters to this particular story and hen will write my version of halo 2. Which will involve new friends and a common enemy. But for now I'll concentrate on this so enjoy. Oh I spent around 20 minutes or so on this so take that into account if u think it sucks. I promise my 'proper' story will be of a much higher calibre.)

-assman, armegedenisnow@hotmail.com





bungie.org