halo.bungie.org

They're Random, Baby!

Fan Fiction


Eye of the Storm II: Ballistic's Mighty Minute
Posted By: Ashur<teleblaze@hotmail.com>
Date: 28 January 2003, 11:16 pm


Read/Post Comments

      The Hunter was huge, scaled in plasma equipment and lethal weapons. He stared deep into Master Chief, intimidating him with every millisecond. But unfortunately for the Hunter, the only thing he did was give Master Chief courage.

      "AHHHHH!!" he shouted as he emblazoned the area with bullets from his assault rifle. The Hunter spiraled back and hit the cold ground. It let out a monstrous roar as it came charging towards Master Chief. "Oh Shit," Master Chief murmured as he jumped out of the way. The Hunter crashed into the armory and the building came crashing down.

      "Son of a.." he said and then came charging towards the hunter. Master Chief smashed the Assault Rifle on the Hunter's head, leaving a dent it wouldn't forget. At the same time though, the Hunter rose up and the Assault Rifle flew over a nearby cliff.

      Master Chief heard the Covenant chants from the valley below and the Hunters directing their legion of Elites and Grunts towards the camp. Master Chief knew he had to do something fast but his first priority was to get rid of this damned Covenant. As he rose his eyes he realized he'd been thinking for a little too long and was pummeled into the ground by the Hunter. The Hunter jumped back and started activating its massive plasma gun.

      "This is the end if I don't do something fast!" he quickly thought to himself. He took out the pistol he received and zoomed in. It was his only chance to kill the Hunter and if he didn't, this important military milestone that Earth was hoping for was over. A screeching sound caught his ear and knew it was a signal that the plasma beam was ready to fire. Panicky, Master Chief shot.

      A rumbling roar bellowed out through the entire camp as the Hunter stumbled back. It had obviously done some serious damage to him but he was still somewhat functional. As he neared a cliff, Master Chief saw his chance and bolted. But instead of pushing him off, he shoved his pistol where the plasma beam was going to shoot out of.

      "Come on you hulking pile of junk, shoot me!" yelled Master Chief. Angered by the taunt so much, the Hunter pointed the plasma beam in his general direction and shot. The Hunter launched backwards over the cliff, plummeting down and crashing upon a plasma tank down below causing a large plasma explosion. The Pistol had jammed up the plasma ray just enough so that it would backfire onto the Hunter.

      He began to run towards the Armory to grab another set of weapons when he saw everyone around him absolutely stunned.

      "What the hell's the matter!?" yelled Master Chief.

      "Umm, well, Sir. You just killed a hunter in one minute." Stunned, the Master Chief activated his time lens, which was directly connected to his helmet and checked his battle statistics. It said:
      Enemy: Hunter
      Classification: Covenant General
      Name: Lord Trog of Babylon
      Height: 3 ½ meters
      Battle Time: 1:03:36

      General Grax came out of his cavern then. "What the hell is all this about? We have a Covenant invasion force below us and all you can do is sit and stare at the Master Chief! What the hell is this, a circus! Get your sorry asses to work or we'll all be fried!"

      No one moved. "What the HELL is the matter with you! I said, GET TO WORK!" A marine walked over to him and saluted him. "General Grax, Sir, I am sorry for my men's laziness but we have just seen an incredible sight."

      "What the hell would that be to make you all sit down?" replied General Grax. "Well, Sir, Master Chief just killed Lord Trog of Babylon, the Covenant's best warrior in a minute," said the Marine.

      General Grax's eyes opened wider then anyone had ever seen them. "You," he said slowly in Master Chief's direction, "the legendary Ballistic?"





bungie.org