halo.bungie.org

They're Random, Baby!

Fan Fiction


The Lost Spartan (Chapter 11 The End of Days)
Posted By: Spartan415<superblahblah@bolt.com>
Date: 8 September 2002, 9:29 pm


Read/Post Comments

      Sam woke up from a bunk and heard the roar of Pelican dropships. He jumped up and pocketed his pistol when Jake came in calling him. They walked togethor to the last dropship. They jumped in and Sam stood holding the top rail bar. He breathed in his last breath of air before the doors closed his helmet he had put in the top compartment. He thought about his journey that he had come to recieve.

      It was strange being made for such a purpose. The doors suddenly opened and he looked through the opening at his crew waiting for him that came on another dropship. He smiled and jumped down. They walked to the cafeteria and ate a few hamburgers and had a few cokes. He finished early and went to the Genereals office, the head officer at the base.

      "Sir, I have come for another task to do." He said as he saluted. The General got up. "Well, I do have one mission left, and it would be well guarded in your hands." The General looked at him. Sam didn't want to feel too anxious. He relaxed and sat down in a chair. "I will gladly accept this task that shall be put upon me." Sam answered. "Ok, then it's settled, you will be sent to The Oni facility in 6 hours so pack up. "Thank you, Sir." Sam saluted and left through the doors. He went to his group of marines at the cafeteria.

      "Well, guess what." He said looking at them. "Pass, what is it?" Jorge said. "I'm leaving to the Oni Facility in 6 hours." Sam smiled behind his helmet visor. "Then lets get packed." Kristin rose up. "Well, the problem with this mission is that i'm going alone." Sam looked at them. He took off his helmet.

      Sams crew looked at him with shocked looks. "Sir, Is there any way we can go or at least one of us?" Jake looks at him with a hinting look. Jorge sees the look on Jakes face and gets in front of Jake,"That's only because you want to be the one.," He looks at Jake with an accusing face. Jake counters by saying,"I have no idea what you are talking about." The feud between the two is turned into a group queral and Sam sneaked away to pack.

      He stuffed his clothing not noticing the wrinkling he was doing and closed his suitcase when he could feel no more clothing in his last drawer. His weapons lay on his bunk next to a case and bag. He took apart his AG2 pistol and puts the machine-gun in his duffle bag. A few greandes went into the side pocket and clips went in the other one for his assault rifle while the case for his pistol had a place to put clips.

      He lifted the duffle bag over his shoulder. He used one hand each to hold the case of his pistol and his suitcase. As he walked down the hallway friends said their last farewells and into the launching bay he went. His stuff was taken and placed in a storage box in the pelican and he was lifted up into the skies that he would travel. The pelican ascended into space and landed on a carrier. The ship was headed for the Oni facility where the plans were. He looked down at the planet where his friends were. An escort came up to him and led him to a cryo-chamber for the journey. They jumped into hyperspace with a few people in other cryo-tubes as well.

      I was awoken on the Oni facility platforms next to a pelican. My arms raised him from the ground as I took in my surroundings. I was to live here for an unknown amount of time. Another escort that was a bit spanish but with russian looking features took me to my bunk. I put my stuff away by my bunk. I walked down the great crowded hall to my higher officer. The door finally came with a bronze piece of metal on the door. Carved into it was the name General Watkinz. I entered through the oak door and into the room.

      A bright whiteness came from everywhere except anything which was a different color (desk, filecabinet, gunrack, etc.). The floor was a white and blue tile pattern. The chair behind the sturdy wooden desk turned in a 180ƒ turn towards the green figure. "You must be Samuel 087 from the Spartan II project many a year back. How old are you?" finished the general asking. "In my thirties, I lost track." The tall figure answered to the grey haired man. "Really..........But Reach was lost somewhere between 500-700 years ago and you were assumed dead around thirty years before that." He stood up, his piercing eyes looking into Me. I stood there taking this in. "Don't answer son." the General came into his thoughts once more. "You're dismissed. Wait, well you should report everyday to room D85 at the botoom floor for 14 hours a day where food will be brought to you at noon." He finished and sat down. I saluted, turned step and walked out the door. I walked to the elevator, went to the bottom floor, and into room D85 where I stayed, left, ate dinner, and slept. This became my daily schedule. A few times a marine or two would come in and keep me company but it would only be for 30 minutes or so. These marines I met in the cafeteria at dinner. I became good friends with some and just friends with others.





bungie.org