halo.bungie.org

They're Random, Baby!

Fan Fiction


Rogue Enemies Chapter 5 First Encounter
Posted By: Spartan415<superblahblah@bolt.com>
Date: 8 September 2002, 8:38 pm


Read/Post Comments

      The next morning they skipped breakfast. Linux and Chuma informed the rest of the group that they had intercepted communications about a group leaving the building for recon and attack. Everyone nodded and were sent out to pickup a few weapons to use. Each of them grabbed swords but some instead took a fuel rod cannon. After loading and armor the humans jumped into the Seraph fighter while the Grunts, Jackals, and one of the Elites were in another. Chuma and Flako took some Banshees for recon and would knock down communications before any of the rest got there.

      The two banshees flew at full speed towards a building in the distance. A communications tower was also ahead. Chuma broke away for the tower while Flako continued for the vehicles. 10 minutes later after Chuma had been waiting The tower was in sight but so was a few generators for a shield. He fired at the tower but a blue shimmer was the only thing that appeared besides the ricocheting of the plasma charges. He headed down towards the generators and was met by gunfire. He spun to the left and only let a bullet scrape the armor of the ship. He returned fire at the petty guards that had been placed because they couldn't do anything else. He smiled and fired a fuel rod charge and hit one of the three generators and the explosion hit the rest of the last guards sending them 10 feet high. Chuma quickly spun around the tower and was met once again by fewer guards that only equalled a sad three soldiers left to die. They were quickly eliminated but Chuma had gotten hit a few times and his HUD showed the armor with a block down. He finished his attack with a charge of his fuel rod cannons at the generators. He stopped and floated for a few seconds resting from his adrenaline rush. He did not like these adrenaline rush so he always tried to take things easy. He got back up to speed and destroyed the tower. After, the ship met up with Flako and they went back to the Seraphs.

      The base was small and didn't hold much but the weapons and vehicles could be useful. They moved in and were met with no forces of trouble. The base was taken over quickly. Dead bodies littered the area and just hung. They were cleaned up by the Jackals and Grunts. They had little time so while the covenant cleaned up the humans took positions on turrets and vehicles. Two of them took longswords and the rest were in the turrets while Samson, Linux, Chuma, and his brothers talked.

      "I believe that we should keep the mountains for a retreat. It is only fact that it was hidden in the mountains for retreat or to not be seen by reconnasionce." Linux stood up looking at the members of the Leaders of the URM. Flako spoke up staying in his seat,"I would have to agree and this base is newer and has many more defences than the rusted building in the mountains even though it does have many capabilities also." Chuma nodded speaking,"I also have to say that this is a good plan and the shields can be fixed easilly." The third brother just leaned on his chair and nodded. Samson instead spoke up,"Ok, it has been decided, we shall stay here and use the mountain base as our retreat." They all sat down again and one by one they left. They each went to the cafeteria and ate and went to bed. It was a wonder why they went to sleep this early but it wasn't a big question in everyones mind.

      Chuma and his brothers were stationed in a dark room talking low voices as to not be heard,"I cannot continue with the mission my brothers." Chuma stated shaking his head as he looked down at the floor with shame. "You fool, we cannot turn back already after all we've done on this task given to us." Makota yelled at him slamming his fist on a table in the room. Flako quieted him down and continued conversation,"I know that you have been assigned to be implanted with the enhancements of the humans," He inhaled to continue," We may have to continue or we shall have to ally ourselves with your friend for your sake brother." The brothers nodded to eachother and left out of the room quietly and swiftly.





bungie.org