halo.bungie.org

They're Random, Baby!

Fan Fiction


An Elites Legend: part one
Posted By: Neco Divad<johnox@xs4all.nl>
Date: 21 October 2002, 8:23 pm


Read/Post Comments

Log-date is 2403
Time reference 89:21
"I hate those humans. They deserve worse than death but death is all I can give them. I'm a special operations elite.
I'm invisible in battle and I carry a plasma sword.
I leave it off unless I've been compromised though.
Many of our new solders have been killed because they left their swords on at all times. I've been on several missions to capture the disgusting human ships. I have exposed many human colonies, if you can call them that. They are uncivilized.
They live their lives in fear. I am on the ship Truth and Reconciliation although I suspect I will be transferred soon.
A few human ships made it out of the system of "Reach" after my mission to find it was successful. Our whole fleet gave chase to one small ship that is heading right toward Halo.
How they found it I don't know. Two small ships had landed on the pathetic human ship right before they abandoned their planet.
One came from the shipyard that we had been trying to capture.
The other came from the planet. I personally had been in a seraph fighter trying to destroy the last one. I can't understand it but all the torpedoes that my squad and I shot somehow missed.
We are about to exit slipstream. I should have about four hours before the human ship arrives. I must say one more thing. I meet the famous creatures that gave us all a scare.
I was in my active camouflage and they didn't see me.
I was trying to sneak into their primitive fusion power plant on the planet so I could deploy a plasma charge and bring it down. They were used to power the magnetic guns out in orbit. As much as we tried we couldn't get past those guns. The creature was called a Spartan. It looked fearsome. I decided to have a little fun with it. I through a plasma grenade on one of the human solders near it. It was funny to see him try to franticly get it off before it released its payload of deadly plasma. All his comrades abandoned him and ran. The Spartan as I will now call it took its primitive gun called a "rifle" and shot the grenade from the side.
The plasma shot out away from the solder instead of at him and he was saved. I then flanked the "Spartan" and prepared to ignite my plasma sword. I didn't ignite it until it was only a few inches from its back. It cried out for a second before dropping to the ground. It twitched a few times before it died.
The human solders turned around and started firing in my direction.
Several shots hit my energy shield but there was no real damage.
I then walked on to the plant and finished my mission.
Those things are tough and they have shields but as you can see they are no match for us. I'm getting ready to board their ship the moment they come out of slipstream. It is guessed that they will try to evacuate to Halo when they get here and we must prevent that. I'm going to the hanger now. For now, bye."
"I failed. Many humans got off the ship.
I did accomplish my main goal though; I was trying to eject the escape pods before the humans on board had a chance to flee.
I then just tried to explore the vessel before I had to leave.
I had underestimated the ship's strength. The ship took more hits than I thought it could. I didn't have time to find the reason for the resilience. I left on a fighter instead of a drop ship, but otherwise nothing special happened. I'm going down to Halo now for exploration. I will report again when I get there."





bungie.org