halo.bungie.org

They're Random, Baby!

Fan Fiction


Halo 2: Return of Death, Part 3
Posted By: Lord Dagon<shadowlord@nc.rr.com>
Date: 24 October 2002, 8:05 pm


Read/Post Comments

"All military personnel! Standby to repel boarders!" yelled the Captain through the intercom.

"Sir! Requesting permission to go below deck with my team to repel boarders!" asked Black.

"Permission, denied. I haven't said that there were boarders on board yet." Replied the Captain.

"Sir! Energy readings are off the chart! It appears this flagship is charging its weapons!" screamed Lieutenant Foley.

"Charge MLC, prepare several of the MAC rounds, and arm Pisces Missile Pods A1-J8! I want those Pisces hitting that ship after the last MAC round!" the Captain ordered.


The Paladin of Night was well known to be a ship of great weaponry and power, carrying thousands of missiles, and sporting 3 MAC cannons and 1 MLC, a destroyer that could rival some of the toughest Covenant. The Captain had never seen any of the new Cruisers, let alone any of the classified Battleships, codenamed "Doomstars" by ONI.

"Now why do you suppose that flagship is all the way out here by itself?" the Captain thought out loud.

"Maybe, sir, that they don't need any escorts." Answered Black.

"Sir! All weapons systems are hot! Ready to fire!" yelled Wolf.

"FIRE!!"

A course shudder could be felt throughout the ship, knocking the Captain to his feet. On the MVS (Main View Screen) 4 balls of fire streaked toward the flagship, with over 500 missiles streaking behind. The ML impacted onto the hull of the flagship and exploded, crumpling the prow and aft, but leaving the rest of the ship intact. The MAC rounds then struck the shields of the ship; the first shot damaging the shield, the second taking it down, and the third tearing through the stern the monster. 3 seconds later all 500 missiles impacted into the wounded beast, exploding onto the hull, sending chunks of metal everywhere. However, to the great demise of the crew, the ship began to repair itself, with a gelatinous substance, similar in appearance to the ships shields, moving about.

"SIR! I have an idea, fire your auto cannons and see if their shields are still up." Said Black.

"You heard the man Lieutenant, do it." The Captain said to Wolf.

Thousands of bullets struck the hull of the flagship, encountering no resistance, but doing no damage.

"Great. Sir, requesting permission to board and capture Covenant Ship!" queried Black.

"Permission granted, get your team ready, your leaving now, we don't know how long that 'thing' takes to repair the ship, now GO!" replied the Captain.

"AYE SIR!"

Black ran down to the Marine Barracks, he ordered Blue 1, 2, and 3 to get whatever weapons they needed and get ready to board the flagship. Black took his Sniper Rifle, his M9D pistol, several grenades, and a CHAOS tactical nuke 5 times more powerful than a HAVOK, just in case things got dicey. Blue 1 chose his trustworthy shotgun, a satchel of C-14 explosive, and a fully loaded Jackhammer rocket system. Blue 2 chose his AR, a M9D pistol, and a tracking device, as well as several Colin anti-tank mines. Blue 3 chose his Battle Rifle, his Med-Pack, and a recovered Plasma Rifle he found on Drathan Prime. The team also took several handfuls of ammunition. After prepping themselves up and giving their equipment a quick check, they ran out the weapons locker and headed toward the docking bay. As they got there a technician with a nametag saying "Hello, my name is: DOOFOS" obviously a prank pulled by some other technician.

"Black 9?" DOOFOS timidly asked.

"Yes?"

"Here is Nightshade, the Captain wanted me to give him to you to assist on your mission." Replied DOOFOS.

"Thanks. Now let's move team!"

They all boarded the Hawkeye and prepared to leave the docking bay when a tremendous blast was felt throughout the ship, a bolt of bluish-green light streaked through the metal on the ship and passed through the docking bay, vaporizing 2 of the Hawkeye transports and boiling DOOFOS alive.

"AHHGHHHHH!!!" Screamed DOOFOS as he dramatically died.

"Let's move! We have no time for him! GO!" ordered Black.

"Yes sir!" replied Blue 3, taking up the controls and instinctively closing the Hawkeye's drop door before they all died of decompression. He fired the thrusters and sped out the still opening ship bay door. He plotted a course toward the flagship and they were soon on their way.

As the Hawkeye approached the flagship, Black 9 noticed something peculiar, there were shapes moving in the shadows, they appeared to be the same height of Elites, but something strange was about them, especially if they were in an area with no atmosphere...

"Blue 3, prepare to land immediately! Fire those auto cannons at anything that moves! Blue 1 and 2, get ready to go, were hunting Elites!" Ordered Black as they descended onto the charred and crippled hull of the flagship...





bungie.org