halo.bungie.org

They're Random, Baby!

Fan Fiction


Halo 2: Return of Death, Part-1
Posted By: Lord Dagon<shadowlord@nc.rr.com>
Date: 20 October 2002, 12:08 pm


Read/Post Comments

In an instant the Covenant Commander was killed, he didn't even see the laser bolt. Two seconds later, another bolt erupted from the hills and punctured the light armor of the dog-like Grunt, it clutched its neck than erupted in flames as its methane tank ruptured...
The sniper thought to himself "Great, two down, 33 to go... Jeez, you think they would at least give me some artillery support, oh well, I guess I get all the fun." Another shot, another kill, this time however, the bolt instead of ending its course in its target, passed right through the Jackal and struck a plasma fuel container, puncturing the shielding of the container and igniting a plasma firestorm. "Hmm... I wasn't expecting that..." thought Black 9 as he sighted another target, a Covenant Hunter, shielding its massive body from the flames with its shield, unfortunately leaving its backside exposed to Black 9... What Black 9 didn't see however was the ever creeping Grunt that saw the first laser bolt and decided to take it upon himself to investigate. The Grunt kept creeping until he saw the distinct outline of a MJOLNIR suit, but this time it was not Green but Black, however, Grunts, being of low intelligence, are easily scared, this time this Grunt took his cowardice too far and screamed "MORE HERE!!" This startled Black and caused him to instinctively pull out his M9D Sniper Issue Pistol, he fired a shot, and the bullet instantly cracked the skull of Grunt, spilling the cool, iridescent blue blood of Grunts' across the grass...
"I don't care what it takes Wolf, just get that MLC (Magnetic Laser Cannon) back online!", "But SIR!", "JUST DO IT, CORPRAL!", "Aye, sir!", whimpered Wolf, weapons officer aboard the UNSC Destroyer "Paladin of Night". "May I remind you Captain, that by tapping the excess plasma created by the fusion engines we could increase the amount of power going to the cannon by 10 fold, without impairing any existing power currents or supplies." whispered the ever cool Nightshade AI. "Fine Nightshade, Wolf, tap the plasma from the engine and reroute it to the cannon." ordered Captain Yagrum. "Aye sir." replied Wolf. "Sir, Covenant Carrier has fired their plasma torpedoes, and have launched over 25 Seraph single-ship fighters!" screamed Lieutenant John Bakers. "Right then, patch a link to Black and his team and tell them to pull the hell out of there!" "Sir, yes sir!" cried Lieutenant Lisa Foley, of communications. "This is Paladin of Night to Black 9, Paladin of Night to Black 9, do you read?", "This is Black 9 to Paladin of Night, what is it Captain?", "Black, things are a little hectic up here-" "Sir! Covenant plasma torpedo impact in 9 seconds!" cried Bakers. "Evasive maneuvers!" screamed the Captain. "Black, just get your Goddamn team to evac point Alpha Delta Zero! Captain Yagrum out!" "Where the HELL is that MLC?!" demanded the Captain. "Sir, MLC is at 100% charge, ready to fire at will!" cried Wolf. "Do it Corporal! Send those Covenant bastards back to HELL!" "Firing sir!". At that instant a bolt of plasma streaked past the Paladin, melting an inch of armor. Numerous, smaller plasma bolts erupting from the Seraphs, however, found their mark and boiled away at the armor of the Paladin, especially near the concealed MLC. But, it was too late, the MLC, a large cannon using the magnetic energy displaced by the fusion reactor of the ship to create a sphere of laser energy that has the power equivalent to 200 Shiva Nuclear Warheads, had fired. The 25 Seraphs that were spread out in a crude Delta formation, were vaporized by the energy of the ML, as it streaked toward the Covenant Cruiser, 3 seconds later the ML had passed through the shield of the Cruiser and exploded onto the hull. Thanks to the properties of the ML, it can pass through shielding, but once it finds a mass greater than it it detonates, however, since the explosion does not have the same properties of the ML, it does not pass through the shielding, thus intensifying the amount of damage done to the mass the ML impacted on...
"Damn, I was just getting warmed up to." thought Black to himself, too bad the rest of his team had to wait at the LZ. He was always right, how had he known the Captain would recall his team to Alpha Delta Zero? He didn't, it was just instinct, so before he went a sniping, he had the rest of his team stay there until further orders, originally he had planned to bring in the rest of his team after he neutralized the bulk of the Covenant forces. His team consisted of Blue 1, Andrew 667 , Blue 2, Tyler 339, and Blue 3, Arthur 199. He was the only "Black" Spartan of the lot, he had been selected by John 117 to head the Spartan Operations after the destruction of Halo, thus he received the armor color of his choice. Now it was a month after the destruction of Halo and in that time, much had improved within the UNSC. The MLC, for example, was one of those great accomplishments, the secrets of which were discovered by Jonathan Robert Hootman, the leading scientist and engineer on Earth. The 009 SSCCR Laser Sniper Rifle was yet another great invention created by Jonathan. There was also a remodeling of every UNSC current weapon, the M9D, is an improvement of the M6D pistol, giving it a more powerful punch, the M9D is given to all UNSC soldiers at initiation, but is also the basic weapon of all snipers. The MA9B Battle Rifle is another improvement upon an older weapon the MA5B, the MA9B, however, delivered a more powerful punch, was mounted with a scope, had a slower rate of fire, and had an extended clip. Now the UNSC was reversing the tides, ONI corvettes and prowlers resumed their mission of locating Covenant bases and planets, and the Spartan III's were on missions that involved destroying those installations as well as defending any other existing Human world, this world (Drathan Prime) for example, is under invasion, thus, the Spartans were sent in, Black chose his team members, got dropped on the planet, had been exterminating the Covenant, and the for some reason was ordered to pull out. So, Black went on to evac point Alpha Delta Zero. When he got there, however, he was surprised to see...
TO BE CONTINUED...


Author's note: This is my first story, just tell me if there is anything wrong with it, etc. I could use your feedback. - Lord Dagon





bungie.org