halo.bungie.org

They're Random, Baby!

Fan Fiction


After Halo (k) Part II
Posted By: Kyle<cooldud91@hotmail.com>
Date: 26 September 2002, 12:52 am


Read/Post Comments

Before we begin, I just wanna say, thanks for writing back and giving me tips about how to spruce up the story. I appreciate it. So, here's another fan fic about Halo. And I slowed it down for my fans.


Pvt. Jackson had been badly injured. Knocked unconcious, but was still alive. Mendoza sent him back on a Pelican II designed as a paramedic ship. Mendoza was commander of the marine squad after his heroics back on the planet. "Bad cyborg!"  one of the grunts screamed at SPARTAN commander 035. "Everybody duck!", He shouted. He pulled out a plasma grenade and threw it. It landed on the brave commander, but he just plucked it off and stuck it on the grunt. "You shoud've ducked too!" he said.
"AAAAHHHH!!! AAAHOOHOO!!! ME HAVE BIG GRENADE STUCK TO MY-- WAAAAHHH!!!" The grunt screamed until he exploded. Cortana 2.0 directed the forces to a door on the right. But she had second thoughts. "I'm detecting rhvyhftonium alloy just beyond that door." she said.
"So?" said a marine.
"That means there are 4 hunters inside those doors!" she said.
"Got ya." said Sgt. Kayson. "My squad, get your grenades ready!" he said.
"All troops with rocket launchers, get them out!" Commander Mendoza said.
"Yes, sir!" the marines said. They got out their rocket launchers and aimed them at the door. Just then, the 4 hunters that Cortana 2.0 described came out. The marines fired their rocket launchers and in a few seconds heard an "AARRGGHH!!" as the hunters died.
"ROAAARRRR!!!" Mendoza screamed in victory as his father did over the entrance to silent cartographer several years earlier. Inside the hallway there were 5 spec-ops grunts standing by with their plasma rifles. "Can I have this helmet?" One of them said. "Let 'em have it!" screamed Lt. Vincenti. The marines and SPARTANS charged at the grunts. The grunts looked up from the dead marine of whose supplies they were bartering over and picked up their plasma and fuel rod guns. They were brutally slaughtered. The last one surviving was taken as prisoner. A SPARTAN questioned the grunt, then called for a shuttle to pick him up. He spoke to the other SPARTANs for a brief moment, then led everyone down a long hallway. They found 2 grunts and an elite-major. "I work for admiral Hsdiemaq!" The elite said. "I'll take you all prisoners!"
"Git 'em." Said SPARTAN commander 035. The troops obeyed and slaughtered the covenant guards. "According to what's on the covenant battlenet, the control room should be... here. No, wait! That's for the Truth and Reconciliation I. The control room for this ship is several hallways away." cortana 2.0 said. "We should get moving." 
Another 2 elites appeared, spec-ops elites. They fired their automatic plasma rifles very quickly, killing 2 marines and injuring 3. Luckily the room they entered was a hangar. From there they called for an evac for the 3 injured marines and replacements for the dead ones. However, one of the spec-ops elites got up and pulled out his plasma rifle. He was badly injured, but had enough strength to walk. He moved closer to SPARTAN 035 and just as he was about to shoot, CORTANA v2.0 said "Look out!". The SPARTAN leader turned and whacked the elite with his shotgun. The elite fell, and 035 made sure he was dead by picking up his plasma rifle and shooting bolts of superheated plasma right through it. After the reinforcements arrived, the squad continued through a heavy bay door in which they received a pleasant greeting from 5 jackals. The troops had charged and wiped away the
would've-been assasins in a zip. Grunts appeared, one wearing a marine's helmet. "We're allies! Don't shoot!". Sure enough, their uniform bore the UNSC symbol on it. The grunts were part of the leauge that affiliated with the United Nations Space Command. Many covenant had mistaken them for their own, making it easy for them to infiltrate the base. They arrived at a cargo bay where there was also a gravlift loading zone. A green elite, one known as a "Captain" was wielding a plasma sword. "Whoa!" said Corporal Heyson. "I've never seen that kind of elite before!"
"Well, I have." said Sgt. Quigley. "They're tough!" Sure enough, the elite charged out and nearly killed one of the SPARTANs. But he dodged the swipe just in time. He pulled out his needler and fired several shots, destroying him. The other elites were captured and brought back down to the hangar via gravlift(The gravlift had a secondary teleport function) and sent them home. After doing the deed, the powerful troops moved on. After they swiped the grunts in the hallway with the Elite-Captain's plasma sword, they reached the control room. An elite with purple armor, Admiral Hsdiemaq. "You destroyed my bodyguard captain, you neutralized my security, but you won't live to tell the tale! He swiped at the marines, taking down 3 of them. The SPARTANs opened direct fire on the admiral, eventually weakening him. They took his sword, his rifle, and escorted him back to the shuttle bay. Pelican dropships showed up to pick them up, and back on the space cruiser PILLAR OF AUTUMN II, the marines and spartans were given Medals of Honor, but they knew they had to stop one last person before they won the Human-Covenant War. Admiral Fkagbe was still to be beaten, and he was the most powerful, tightly governing a thread of worlds far away...
 
 

Don't miss the next fan fic in the After Halo trilogy, the Fall of the Covenant Empire.

Here's a sneak preview!

The spartans and marines stood in the operations theatre of the PILLAR OF AUTUMN II, ready for a briefing by Jacob Halsey himself. Cortana was also briefing, along with several other AIs. "Greetings, crack troops!" Halsey said. "You've been called here for an emergency mission! Fkagbe still stands. Being the leader of what's left of the opposing Covenant, he must be stopped. You will be sent on our ships to attack the String of planets he controls. The base being The homeworld itself. The mission will be dangerous, as several crack marines tried-- and failed to do this.
 
 You are our last hope.





bungie.org