halo.bungie.org

They're Random, Baby!

Fan Fiction


Short Story (Part 6)
Posted By: Jamie<halodevotee@hotmail.com>
Date: 19 August 2002, 10:46 am


Read/Post Comments

The Andensum struggled, cursing in his native tongue. Prao ran back to the bridge and took the plasma pistol that Plachecki was still carrying. Prao shot the chains off the Andensum. It was too weak to pull itself up onto its feet; Corden lent down and heaved the fragile creature up, he escorted the Andensum back to the bridge and then slowly lowered it onto a chair, its body flopped limp into it.
'Damn useful traitor' said Fitchit 'Pile of crap can barely walk let alone fight'

It was getting late, the marines had been awake for a long time now, and they'd travelled a long way as well. In the interest of the mission the marines retired to the Andensum sleeping quarters.

The quarters were huge as you would imagine. The beds however were suspended vertical cocoon like things. Considering they were built for huge 8ft Andensum they smothered the marines. Plachecki stayed awake and continued piloting the ship through space, still with no particular aim.

Plachecki left the controls after two hours and thought that the others had had enough sleep.

He crept in slowly to Praos' room and started swinging the hanging bed. Prao started laughing.
'Come on man, stop it!' he chortled Plachecki let him down, he instructed Prao to wake everyone else up while he piloted the ship.

Prao was still sleepy and stumbled to his destination. He arrived outside Cordens' dwelling. The doors slid open. As the doors opened Prao saw blood at the bottom of the unmoving bed. As he edged ever closer he saw a hole going straight through the bed about two thirds of the way up. He peered inside the cocoon to see Corden slumped at the bottom of the bed with a single hole in his forehead. Prao deduced he shot was from a human weapon because the hole didn't have any sort of plasma scoring. He alerted the rest of the crew.
'It must have been that friggin' alien!' roared Fitchit 'Let's kill the fucker!'
Fitchit whipped everyone into a vicious frenzy, the marines charged into the Andensums' quarters.
'Get out of your bed asshole' Fitchit said almost frothing at the mouth.
The Andensum arose at a leisurely pace from his bed. It spoke.
'I did harm not friend' it said in its crude form of English.
'Well who else is gonna do it Motherfucker!' cried Dobree
Prao interrupted 'This creature can't support itself, let alone hold a gun and fire it'
'The one you call Fitchit harms' the Andensum said 'Heltar track Fitchit'
'Sorry but somehow we can't trust you over Fitchit' said Dobree
'Heltar verify foe by means of record' the Andensum said almost incoherently.

During the following moments the feeble Andensum showed a recording of Fitchit. He started in his room with his pistol. He took a single bullet from his pocket, left his room into Cordens', then shot him in the head; he sat in the room for almost ten minutes laughing.

The marines realised instantly and before Fitchit could protect himself they swarmed him and restrained him.
'He defied me, but he didn't get away with it' laughed Fitchit 'He shot me in the foot so I killed him with the very same bullet'
'You insane fuck!' said Prao

The marines took Fitchit to the Andensum weapons quarter. They loaded him into to the missile hatchet. Fitchit was still laughing. The marines figured they'd leave him there. But Plachecki in an enraged state ran back to the bridge and fired the shoot that held Fitchit. Fitchits' body sped out of the hole and flew at an overwhelming velocity.





bungie.org