halo.bungie.org

They're Random, Baby!

Fan Fiction


Short Story (Part 4)
Posted By: Jamie<halodevotee@hotmail.com>
Date: 17 August 2002, 4:31 pm


Read/Post Comments

The group was soon struck by an almost lighting quick advance of a camouflaged Andensum he ripped the surviving six into pieces in a stealthy attack. His advances had gone unnoticed by the others; he raised his almost invisible arm above Dobrees' head and ejected a small spine from the top of his hand, as he knelt down to cast his destroying blow Fitchit emerged from his hiding and produced one of the Andensum plasma rifles firing it the beast, it fell to the ground, slowly it became visible again and the full extent of Fitchits' fury was shown. Slowly the Andensums' spines retracted. The rest of the marines stood there in awe of Fitchit.
'I saw him at the beginning, when he changed over there; near the tents' said Fitchit
'So why didn't you kill him straight away' asked Prao
'You fool, you saw how shit are weapons were' cried Fitchit
'He's right!' said Corden
'I saw a dead Andensum in the rocks, so I searched his body for a weapon' Fitchit said smarmily.
'But surely you found the weapon before those other guys got killed' Dobree pondered.
'Whilst I looked for the weapon, I lost him.' Fitchit swallowed.
'And when you saw the others you realised' said Corden
'Yes, but I didn't have a clear shot, I didn't want to blow my cover'
Fitchit was clawing savagely to any bit of justification he could find.
'It's okay, if you hadn't got him when you did he would have got us too' said Dobree
'Bu....' Plachecki restrained himself.
'What do we do now?' asked Dobree
By this time Prao had wondered off into the nearby tent. He appeared outside of the tent with a small black box. It had curious blue markings along the sides. Prao looked triumphant.
'We fly!' said Prao
He had procured the Andensums' ship signaller. Prao was an expert in the field of Andensum technology and had decided that the Andensum must have travelled down to the planet some how. He knew Haynes (a member of the human outpost they found). He used to study the Andensum technology as well. Inside the tent were diagrams and many technical drawings, accompanied by this box.

'We can call an Andensum G-class cruiser with this box' announced Prao
'All we need is some Andensum DNA'
'Well that's pretty abundant!' laughed Plachecki
'What are you waiting for?' Fitchit said
Prao stalked up towards a chunk of the winged Andensum, and then rubbed the chunk up and down the box.

They waited.

Fitchit started clapping. 'Prao strikes again' said Fitchit sarcastically
'We can fly out!!' Fitchit started to laugh uncontrollably.
'Have faith!' Corden said patiently.

A humming followed by a distinct bluish light indicated the coming of the cruiser.





bungie.org