halo.bungie.org

They're Random, Baby!

Fan Fiction


Relations Chapter 1 - Forerunners
Posted By: Icebraker20<icebraker20@tellmeimcute.com>
Date: 15 September 2002, 8:41 pm


Read/Post Comments

Author's note- this is the first installment to my story about the Forerunners Master Chief. It will probably take a while before I can release the second installment because I have a life too! The schoolwork and social life really gets in your way. Also please don't forget to comment and please be honest. Email me at icebraker20@tellmeimcute.com I know it might be a little hassle, but I would be eternally grateful. Thank you very much!

[This story was originally hosted at Halo Elites. It has been included here at the author's request.]

      Master Chief ran as fast as his Mjolnir suit could carry him. Behind, hundreds of Flood and Covenant dashed after him, but the MC managed to close the Longsword's ramp. Out of breath, he started the ignition and blasted off. The air around the fighter became hot as it penetrated through the atmosphere. BOOM! The Pillar of Autumn's fusion reactors exploded, sending a mass shock wave through space. The Chief and his ship just barley escaped the explosion.

      In the ship, a warning signal appeared on the monitor.

      Shut those down, we'll need them later. Cortana ordered. MC heeded and shut the engines down.

      "Now we head for Earth" MC announced. Cortana couldn't complain. They had no where else to go.

      Setting the coordinates for Earth.

      "No wait. First scan for life forms or trackers on this ship."

      Checking... Nope, nothing. Just us. Now, plotting coordinates for Earth. Soon they disappeared.

Three weeks later

      Master Chief? Master Chief. You better look at this. MC stumbled out of his cryo tube, coughing up the inhalant surfactant. When he lifted his head, he saw a massive turquoise planet dotted with gray specks. It was at least five times bigger than Earth. In orbit were about 30 ships unfamiliar to the Chief's eyes.

      "What are they, and how did we get here?" He said in astonishment.

      I don't know. I set the coordinates for Earth and everything was fine. Then, about two weeks after we entered slipspace, the coordinates changed. I tried to reset them put nothing would work. And these ships, they're totally unidentifiable. In fact, the computer doesn't even see them.

      "Let's just hope they don't see us." The Master Chief whispered nervously. Just when he spoke those words a small ship began turning towards them.

      "Cortana! Ready the Anvil-II-missile."

      Ok, missile charging at 50 percent. 60... 70...90... Anvil ready!

      "Fire!" Nothing happened.

      Chief, the release mechanisms are jammed! It must be the work of that incoming vessel!

      The incoming ship was moving at extraordinary speed. In no time, the vessel was next to the Longsword. Carefully, it came directly in front of the fighter, totally engulfing Master Chief and Cortana's view. Now the small ship had its rear faced towards the Longsword. Suddenly, the monitors turned on and a middle-aged man appeared. He looked like a high-ranking officer with his white crew cut hair and his stiffened shoulders. The MC was surprised to see a human, but Cortana knew it was not. The man's upper body looked much too strong to be a human.

      "On behalf of the United Diego System, I, General Duvall insist you come with me." Duvall's voice was loud and stern.

      We have no choice but to follow him. Cortana said in frustration. Cortana piloted the Longsword into the now open docking bay in the rear of the ship.

      When the two companions exited the ship, they entered a vast room with hundreds of small ships, which looked like undersized Pelicans, but they had a very odd-looking gun mounted on either wing. Many engineers walked around inspecting the crafts. These creatures' upper-body resembled a human, but their legs were of a blue color. They looked strong and robust, yet agile and flexible. The legs of the engineers quickly reminded MC of Elite legs. Could these people be related to the horrific Covenant?

      "Please follow me." A robed man said calmly. He escorted the Master Chief through what looked like Covenant door on the far side of the docking bay. The robed man seemed old but wise.

      This place, I don't like it. Everything here reminds me of the Covenant. Cortana mumbled nervously. The door opened to a wide hall extending for about ten meters which then, it turned towards the right. MC was lead through the hall until they came upon a locked door. The robed man punched in a few a numbers and the door hissed open. The room was of a pale gray. It was bare except for a table. There was no light source but somehow the room was lit. In a corner of then empty room, a man stood. He was the same general that spoke to them over the COM.

      "You are probably surprised about this... incident, but do not worry. You are safe here. We, the Forerunners have been monitoring Earth and it's colonies for over one thousand years now. Finally we have the chance to meet a human in person. Well actually you used to be a human, until you were augmented. Now that we have found you, we wish for you to go back to Earth and send a message."

      You are the Forerunners? You built Halo and researched the flood? You guys tried to friggin kill us! Cortana screamed inside MC's head. The general could hear Cortana.

      "Tried to kill you? We haven't even made contact with your species before. And how do you know about Halo?"

      You sent a robot by the name of 343 Guilty Spark. He tried to activate Halo and destroy the galaxy.

      "I was not aware of this, and how did you find Halo? It is in the farthest reaches of this galaxy!"

      We were running from the Covenant. As you probably know, we initiated the Cole Protocol. Then or fleet appeared near Halo.

      "The Covenant? Attacked You? That isn't possible. The Covenant are our good friends. Why would they do this?" The general asked angrily.

      I thought you were monitoring us.

      "Well... during the past 50 years, we stopped our research because of insufficient funding. The government had no interest in continuing the research. They thought that you human would never be able to match our technology."

      You said the Covenant are your friends? Then you are an enemy to us. Master Chief, ready your weapon.

      "Cortana... there's no need to do that. They were our friends. Now, after learning they attacked the human colonies, I shall ask the world leader to withdraw our alliance with them.





bungie.org