halo.bungie.org

They're Random, Baby!

Fan Fiction


Revolution: Part 8 In Rage
Posted By: Gruntkiller<ttavenor@nf.sympatico.ca>
Date: 15 September 2002, 11:01 pm


Read/Post Comments

      "Ok troops, our next target is a shipyard approximately 2k from here, I have ordered up the Argentina to drop us some warthogs for the journey, they should be here in a couple of minutes," said Cortana through John's comm. "It appears that the AA that took down the last wave of reinforcements was destroyed by the blast from Sears' ship."

      Within minutes several transport ships carrying enough warthogs for the whole battle group landed and released their cargo.

      "Everyone load up, Cortana is uploading the directions to the shipyard now. Move out!" said John as he jumped up onto the bed if a warthog and took control of its 50mm gun.

      A marine jumped into the driver's seat and an elite into the passenger. The warthog's engine roared to life and began to head towards the NAV point, which appeared on his HUD. All of the troops where still enraged from the grenade that nearly killed sergeant Jones.

      A couple of minutes after they left the DZ for the warthogs they encountered enemies, hundreds of them, mostly grunts. The warthogs plowed through the enemy ranks with guns blazing leaving piles of broken bodies in their wakes. Suddenly a blast from a fuel rod gun missed John's head by inches letting him know that they had much bigger problems then grunts and elites, they where now fighting hunters too.

      "All teams watch out, there are hunters out here, about 20 of them," said John as he opened fire upon a hunter with its back turned, sending orange blood all over the surrounding area.

      Just then a warthog near John turned to avoid a blast from a hunter causing it to fish tale, the blast plowed into the rear of the warthog killing all of its passengers instantly and sending large pieces of metal into the air. John looked towards the hunter that did this and noticed something different, this hunter had golden armor on. John began to fire upon the hunter when another shot left its gun missing John by inches. The firefight continued until the hunter managed to get close enough to the warthog to kill the driver with its shield. John jumped off the warthog just as another blow from the hunter destroyed the 50mm gun. John and the elite who also managed to escape the warthog where fighting for their lives against the golden hunter.

      The hunter with an amazing swing of his shield took the elite's head off leaving purple blood squirting from its stump of a neck. John taking the opportunity threw a plasma grenade onto the hunters exposed back. The hunter seeing what was happening ran at John but it was to late, the grenade exploded killing the hunter and mutilating its body.

      The body of the hunter hit John as it flew through the air, knocking John down on to the bodies of enemies that lined the ground knocking him unconscious.

Several Hours Later

      John awoke to find himself tied to a chair inside a purple room surrounded by blue and red elites.

      "Sir the enemy is advancing," said a blue elite to a red one.

      "Flank them with some grunts, and set up some shades on the highest ground you can find, I don't want to lose this battle," said the red one. "Ah so the one they call John has awoken, the killer of the great hunter Arib."

      John's mind was racing "Cortana where are we," said John "Cortana?"

      "In case you are wondering the AI in your helmet is now in our possession, it will be of great use to us," said the elite. "Your friends are brave and are lasting much longer then we had expected, we think its due to this thing you like to call rage, in their state of rage they seem to be fighting more fiercely then they did on Reach. But they won't last much longer, all of them will meet their deaths soon enough."

      A monitor was brought out and placed in front of John.
The monitor was turned on showing a view form what John thought must have been a security camera on the shipyard where he was being held. On the screen he saw the battle group now on foot battling their way through what must have been 1500 covenant soldiers. He watched in horror as an elite with a sword jumped onto the group killing two rebels, and turn to decapitate a marine, but then the elite crumpled over and died from fire coming from a Spartan, one who seemed to be fighting like there was no tomorrow. He bashed the butt of his gun into the head of an elite and turned around and fired upon a group of grunts. John recognized him almost immediately, Colonial brigs. Brigs was a soldier that had come from a long line of soldiers almost all of which had died in war through acts of bravery.

      Suddenly he saw on the monitor several auto-guns mounted on the walls of the shipyard activate, and begin firing at the attack group. Many of the marines and rebels left in the open where tore to shreds by the thousands of plasma bolts. Several soldiers tried to fire back with rockets and fuel rod cannons but almost all of their shots were blown out of the air by the auto-guns. While the auto guns suppressed the attack group a squad of about 15 gold elites with swords jumped into the trenches where the group was taking cover. Gunshots and screams could be heard coming from the soldiers who where almost guaranteed death in battle.

      Then John remembered something Sears told him on the Argentina, "If you get into trouble call up I'll send everything I got to help you." John then noticed the comm. panel on the wall if only he could get there.

      John then remembered something he had seen demonstrated on Reach during his training. "If you overload your shield it will melt away any metal around you," he remembered the drill sergeant telling him. The chair he sat on was metal and so where the chains around his arms and legs. He began to say the code that allowed the overload.

      "Delta Tango Charlie Delta 117," John whispered into his helmet. Suddenly the shield indicator in his HUD began to turn orange and he could feel heat coming from his shields.

      Several elites turned around to see the MC rip the molten chains apart on his arms and tear the ones on his legs off. The elites looked on as if not believing what they just saw as John turned and punched the nearest elite in the head, killing it instantly.
All of the elites shields where down because they did not want to waste the batteries, giving John the upper hand.

      "Kill him fast," yelled the red elite as he hauled a plasma pistol from his holster and began firing.

      John ran towards the red elite who appeared to be the only one with a weapon in the room. The elite began to charge a shot but John was already there he grabbed a hold of the gun and pointed it at another elite who was running at John, the gun went off killing the elite instantly. John turned and brought back his fist, it all seemed to go in slow motion, John's fist began to come forward, all of the elites in the room stared at his fist as it struck the red elite's head snapping his neck with a loud crack the was heard throughout the whole room. John grabbed the plasma pistol from the now dead elite and fired upon the rest of the elites killing most of them as they ran at John hoping to kill him painfully. John was still had the advantage and in second all of the elites where on the ground killed by plasma burns.

      John locked all the doors leading into the room and then walked over to a table where a chip laid surrounded by what looked like different types of drive to insert the chip into. John picked it up and put it in his helmet, suddenly Cortana's voice could be heard inside the helmet.

      "Chief I was wondering when you'd come and get me," she said in an annoyed voice.

      "We have to call the Argentina, and Sears right now where fighting a losing battle," said John.

      "Ok just put me in a comm. terminal and I'll call up," replied Cortana.

      John walked over to the comm. terminal and inserted Cortana into it.

      "Comm. channels open," said Cortana.

      "Hello this is Hawks who is this," said the comm.

      "This is Spartan 117, requesting all available troops immediately." Said John.

      "Ok I will send every troop available in the fleet, you do realize that your 4 hours overdue," replied Hawks.

      "I don't care just get the troops down here now!" said John as he watched on the monitor as three marines where killed as they tried to attach grenades to the auto-guns.

      "All our troops on the way," said Hawks, "over and out."

      John took Cortana's chip out of the Covenant computer and put it back in his helmet. He then picked up his assault rifle, which was on a table and his pistol. John walked over to the door that he had locked earlier and began to unlock it.


Next: Part 9: The Winning Punch





bungie.org