halo.bungie.org

They're Random, Baby!

Fan Fiction


Revolution: Part 7 Striking Fear
Posted By: Gruntkiller<ttavenor@nf.sympatico.ca>
Date: 12 September 2002, 6:17 pm


Read/Post Comments

      Within minutes of the call being sent up to the fleet, 300 small dots appeared in the sky. All drop ships; this sight alone was enough to turn many enemies from confidence to retreating.

      The green rebel drop ships and the gray pelicans filled the sky, this was a sight to behold, on the ground many grunts that where beginning to rush the comm. center turned and ran for the nearest defensive structure. Many of them never even had the chance to turn around because of the rain of sniper and plasma shots coming from the drop ships. This was a sight that struck fear into the enemy's hearts and created hope in the Spartans.

      Suddenly a hail of plasma fire came up from the ground and hammered a rebel drop ship on edge of the attacking force blowing it to pieces. But then came their answer, several rockets fired from the back of a pelican rained down on the area where the fire came from and stopped it, permanently.

      The first of the drop ships landed leaving their cargo of soldiers to fend for their own, soon all the troops where on the ground engaging the covenant forces.

      "Ok lets go join them, there going to need our help." Said John.

      "Hua!" yelled the Spartans in reply.

      "Lets go get kick us some covenant army ass!" yelled out Jones.

      All of the Spartans ran out the room and towards the entrance to the center. Without meeting any opposition they joined the rest of the soldiers who where already moving up towards what appeared to be a weapons factory.

      The doors to the factory opened up and several wraiths came out and opened fire upon them, killing several soldiers in their first volley.

      "All heavy weapons concentrate on those vehicles," said the Chief through his comm. as he dispatched an elite with a plasma sword.

      "Rodger," said a marine.

      Within seconds several rockets and fuel rod shots where flying towards the factory an in a large explosion destroyed the wraiths and killed some enemies that where nearby.

      Before long the first factory was reached and secured, this was the point where they were supposed to receive reinforcements.
The drop ships began to appear in the sky but then something else appeared, hundreds of plasma shots rising up and meeting the drop ships. Destroying most of them. This was the covenants turn to strike fear, hundreds of grunts and elites came running from a large building about 1k away.

      "Where screwed," yelled the voice of a terrified marine through the comm.

      "Calm down, we're not dead yet," said John, coming up with a plan. He radioed up to Sears and told him the location of the building that the covenant where coming from. "Everyone find cover," yelled the Spartan through the comm. "and don't get up until I say so."

      Within seconds everyone was down behind something, waiting to see what would happen. Suddenly the sky turned a plasma blue as a massive shot from Sears' ship slammed down into the building that the enemies where coming from, killing most of them.

      "Ok, everyone CHARGE!" yelled John through the comm. as the dust began to settle.

      Everyone popped up from behind their cover and ran towards the remaining enemies firing their weapons, creating what would be considered a slaughter to many, but the MC knew that it could turn around any minute. Within minutes all that was left of the enemy was a small group of 10 grunts and an elite surrounded by Rebels and Marines. A grenade threw by a marine went straight into the bunker where the enemy laid, suddenly the grenade came flying back out, the elite threw it back at them. The grenade hit the ground and bounced right in front of Sergeant Jones blowing up ripping Jones' armor to shreds and leaving him wounded severely.

      "We need Med-Evac now! Spartan down!" said John through his comm. to the Argentina.

      "Med-Evac in bound, secure an LZ," the comm. responded.

      "Cortana, what's his status," said John.

      "He needs medical attention immediately or he'll die," said Cortana.

      John was running towards Jones to help him, but he found a rather unusual sight. At Jones side Shred sat injecting him with morphine and trying to calm him as Jones screamed out in pain while wiping the blood from his face, which the helmet has ripped straight off of by the explosion.

      The rest of the soldiers in a rage charged the bunker and shot until the enemies where turned into a mush of purple and blue. Then their attention was turned towards Jones as he screamed out in pain.

      Within minutes a pelican with a red cross painted on the side landed a couple meters away from Jones, several medics jumped out of the pelican and ran towards them carrying a stretcher.

      "Hold still we are here to help you," said a medic to Jones. "We are going to bring you back to the Argentina. OK"

      Jones nodded with a look of pain on his bloody face.

      "Shred you go with him, he'll need a friend at his side," said John.

      "Thank you," said Shred as he helped lift Jones onto the stretcher.

      Jones began to speak "Chief, blow them all to hell and show them who's their daddy," He said through the blood on his face.

      Jones on the stretcher accompanied by Shred and the two medics was loaded onto the pelican. The pelican rose and closed its hatch, quickly rising up into the clouds.

Next: part 8 In Rage





bungie.org