halo.bungie.org

They're Random, Baby!

Fan Fiction


Revolution: part 4 Motivation Under Fire
Posted By: Gruntkiller<ttavenor@nf.sympatico.ca>
Date: 31 August 2002, 1:56 pm


Read/Post Comments

      As the Grunt led John to the ships bridge He noticed a lot of activity. There where elites suiting up into their green armor and cleaning their weapons, John was left wondering what was going on.

      The doors to the bridge opened to reveal a flurry of activity as elites in gray armor rushed to their stations, and at the head of it all was general Sears. The grunt looked calm as he stared out into space while issuing orders.

      "General," said John.

      "Ah yes your finally here," said Sears "We have a mission that will require your skills. The ship that the UNSC sent is now under attack by covenant boarding teams, you and several squads will be sent to help the humans. You will go in your ship carrying six elites with you the rest of the force will be brought in drop-ships. Any question"

      "When do we leave?"

      "In 15 minutes, you will be led to the docking bays to meet your squad by Reg." He said as he pointed at the grunt that brought him to the bridge "Good luck."

Reg led John down to the docking bays and said "Good luck,
you will need it." Then he turned around and went through the door they came trough.

      John walked towards his long sword near the end of the hanger, there where columns of elites running towards the drop ships and grunts franticly climbing up into the ships. Then John noticed that in front of the long sword six elites all in green armor holding plasma rifles stood up looking at the MC as he approached.

      "Good to meet you," said an elite.
      
      "So you're the one that the covenant fear," said another.

      "Get inside the ship where leaving," said John.

      All the elites then filed up the ramp into the fighter, all of them looked slightly confused when the entered the ship some of them where saying, "where do we sit," and other were saying, "this place is a death trap, theirs only one escape route." John ignored this as he sat down in the pilot's chair.

      Then a purple image of Cortana popped up on the console in front of the Chief, everyone stared at it as if it where some strange alien, "Hello" she said, "well this is a rare sight six elites and a Spartan all in same ship and there not trying to kill each other."

      "I thought you where still in the cruisers computer." Said John.

      "I'm just here temporarily to guide the ship." Said Cortana.

      Just then the fighter lifted off the ground and rotated 180 degrees.

      "You are clear to launch," said a voice through the intercom.

      The fighter then jolted forward and left the docking bays followed by ten green drop-ships.

~

      "Five minutes till we reach our target. Everyone get ready we will be landing under heavy fire." Said Cortana.

      John picked up his assault rifle and went to the weapons locker; he took four frag grenades and a pistol.

      A blast shivered through the ship, "where in the docking bays, opening the hatch." Said Cortana.

      The opening hatches revealed a scene of pure chaos, plasma and bullets where flying everywhere, then John opened fire as the fighter touched down. John and the elites ran for cover and fired upon the covenant lines from behind; this sent the enemy grunts into a panic, some of the grunts where to scared even to search for new cover, they where ripped apart by both plasma and bullets.

      The other drop-ships soon landed and close to two hundred elites and grunts came pouring out towards the enemy, almost immediately decimating the covenant lines. There was blood from the enemy flying everywhere and even the sounds of exploding grenades and the cry's of pain where droned out by the sound of gun-fire.

Soon the enemy was destroyed and a sense of overwhelming joy seamed to fill the hanger over the dead bodies of covenant army as the covenant rebels met with the UNSC marines.

      The most attention seemed to be directed towards the MC, "wow, he survived Reach." Said many of the marines.

      Then John put his gun in the air and yelled out "form up into your squads, and prepare to turn the tides!"

Next part 5: turning the tides

      





bungie.org