halo.bungie.org

They're Random, Baby!

Fan Fiction


Revolution 2 Return of the Forerunner Part 2: Contact
Posted By: Gruntkiller<ttavenor@nf.sympatico.ca>
Date: 26 October 2002, 12:03 am


Read/Post Comments

      Three months have passed since the destruction of the Kang strange energy readings seemed to be appearing everywhere along the edges of deep space but by the time a patrol ship could reach the location it was gone.

The Outskirts of the Kay system

      Captain Koju an elite stood on the bridge of the combat cruiser Thespian. The Thespian was one of the newest cruisers in the fleet it was equipped with the latest weapons including six particle ion beams (PIB) and 200 arch angle missile pods, all along the sides of the ship particle laser cannons jutted out providing protection from virtually every angle. Inside it close to 1000 Marines and 800 crew stood ready to stop anything that could be thrown at them that is with the exception of the Forerunner.

"Sir were picking up an abnormal power signature coming in from sector WEH-132," said the intelligence officer, "it matches the ones found by the Kang."

      "Ok, all weapons charge up I want a signal sent immediately to FLEETCOM telling them of our position, prepare all fighters for launch and end any unnecessary tasks," said Koju out loud to all of the crew.       Minutes later the comm. crackled and admiral Johnson's voice sounded throughout the bridge "Captain Koju you have reported an abnormal power signature near your location."

      "Yes sir, requesting permission to proceed to sector WEH-132," said Koju.

      "Permission granted I'm sending two frigates to accompany you they are already on route, if fired upon you have permission to engage," said Johnson.

      "Over and out," said Koju as he closed the comm.

      Minutes later the two frigates met up with the Thespian and quickly with the Thespian went back into slipstream and sped towards WEH-132.

      "ETA 3 minutes all weapons charged and safety systems have been disengaged," said the Intel officer.

      "Good," answered Koju, "I want a comm. link opened up first to whatever we encounter, violence will be our last resort."

      "Ok," replied the Intel officer.

      Several minutes later the Thespian and the two cruisers came out of slipstream only a kilometer in front of them a strange ship appeared to be a large shimmering orb floated.

      "Open the comm. channel now," said Koju.

      Upon a screen in front of Koju a figure appeared, it was wearing golden armor and resembled an old Egyptian god.

      "This is the UNSC cruiser Thespian we do not wish to cause any harm to you but we will act if threatened," said Koju.

      "You stand in our way elite, you have chosen to die," said the figure, suddenly the comm. channel closed.

      "Sir were picking up an increasing energy signal," said the Intel officer.

      "Open fire," yelled out Koju.

      Six PIB cannons fired off towards the Forerunner ship followed by a thousand archangel missiles. The frigates that accompanied the Thespian did the same, launching their missiles and firing their duel PIB cannons.

      Within seconds the first PIB beams slammed into the Enemies shield causing it to shimmer brightly, the missiles as they hit the shields exploded sending shockwaves through space; slowly the Forerunners shields began to turn yellow. Suddenly four bright neon blue bolts flew from the Forerunner ship on a course towards the two frigates, within seconds the four rounds slammed into the frigates going straight through their shields, the frigates began to implode explosions could be seen all along its sides, then in a bright flash of light from the reactors exploding the frigates were turned into space junk.

      "Oh crap," said Koju, "fire up the engines get this ship back into the Kay system."

      Out side the Forerunner ship fire off another volley nearly missing the Thespian, which was, now turning around, seconds later the Thespian fired up its engines and sped off into slipstream.

      "Sir the Forerunner do not appear to be pursuing us," said the intelligence officer.

      "Good," said Koju as he stared at several radar screens, "send a message to FLEETCOM tell them that all talks have failed."

Earth

      "Sir the Forerunner have destroyed two of our frigates on the outskirts of the Kay system, the cruiser Thespian escaped to the Kay system," crackled the comm. system in Johnson's office.

      "Order all ships to withdraw from patrols to their home systems," replied Johnson began to pick up some folders.

      "Anything else sir," asked the person on the other side of the comm. system.

      "Yes," replied Johnson, "Get the head of ONI and general Strait down in conference room A5 immediately."

      "Yes sir," replied the comm. "over and out."

      "Time to get this show on the road," said Johnson to himself as he got up from his chair and walked out the door.

      Inside the conference room admiral Johnson general Strait and the head of ONI who kept his name secret all sat down reviewing the latest attack.

      "Sir they are at least 1000 years more advanced than us their weapons can cut straight through plasma energy shields while ours don't do jack," said Johnson to the head on ONI.

      "Well that leaves us with a couple of options," said the head of ONI, "first of all I believe that we should bring the Cole protocol back into effect, we cannot let them find our planets."

      "Ok and what else do you suggest," asked Strait.

      "You probably haven't heard of this yet," said the head of ONI, "but 14 years ago the Spartan project was resurrected."

      "How many are there," asked Strait with a curious look on his face.

      "Only 80," said the Head of ONI.

      "So your going to use soldiers from a hundred and fifty year old project," said Johnson.

      "It's had its advancements," said the head of ONI.

      "Well we better do something fast we may have only few days before the Forerunner begin to advance," said Johnson.

Next: First Strike





bungie.org