halo.bungie.org

They're Random, Baby!

Fan Fiction


Revolution: Part 17 The Grand Priest
Posted By: Gruntkiller<ttavenor@nf.sympatico.ca>
Date: 16 October 2002, 7:09 pm


Read/Post Comments

      Plasma and bullets zoomed past the Spartans heads as they slowly worked their way through the hell of a battlefield toward the temple's entrance.

      "Chief the strike group is trying their best but there surrounded, theirs a 10% chance that they will ever get off this planet alive," said Cortana.

      "God bless their doomed souls," said John as he fired a burst of plasma tipped bullets into the back of a hunter.

      "Sir half of the Spartans have already been destroyed," said Cortana, "the ones around you now are the last of them."

      "The last real Spartan died on Reach," said John.

      "But your still alive?" said Cortana.

      "Only to avenge their deaths," replied John.

      John ran up to a half melted ghost and used it as cover, as the group of Spartans ran up too a large plasma ball from a wraith slammed down into the ground killing all but two. The charcoal remains of the others laid on the ground smoking. The remaining two were Shred and a human only known by his last name Smallwood.

      John, Shred and Smallwood fired in all directions killing dozens of covenant.

      "Move up to that pillar," said John pointing to a large white marble pillar now charred near the entrance to the temple.

      The Spartans got up and ran firing at any enemy that shot at them. All around the Spartans shells form scorpions slammed into the large pieces of metal from surrounding building that were destroyed by the bombardment from space and destroyed vehicles.

      John was the first to reach the pillar, he quickly turned and shot several elites that were shooting at Smallwood and Shred from behind. The bullets found their marks and the internals of elites were spilled on the ground.

      John and the two Spartans fired upon the two white Spartans that stood next to the entrance to the Temple, fuel rod shots slammed into the pillar taking large chunks out of it.

      After several clips of ammo the bodies of two hunters were sprawled out on either side of the entrance.

      John and the two other Spartans ran into the temple with their guns raised but they didn't find anything. John felt that something wasn't right; he thought to himself, you don't have an army guard a building and have nobody inside it. These thought just made him even more cautious.

      "Scan for life forms Cortana," said John.

      "Scanning...their seems to be one life form but its power is immense," replied Cortana, "its in a large chamber at the back of the temple."

      "Ok," replied John, gunshots could still be heard coming from outside.

      John, Shred and Smallwood moved up towards the gold double doors that led to the back chamber. As they got closer to the doors sweat began to bead down Johns face stinging as it went into his eyes but he wouldn't dare blink for fear he would be caught off guard.

      When they reached the doors Shred stood on one side and Smallwood on the other with their guns raised, John kicked open the door and ran in. The chamber was enormous, with walls at least 100ft high all covered in gold, the floors were made up of white marbles and pillars lined the sides of the room. John and the two other Spartans looked around in amazement trying just to be able to make sense of what they were looking at.

      "Welcome Spartans," boomed a voice from the far side of the chamber, the voice came from a figure sitting in a raised throne, he resembled a human with golden skin and a cleanly shaved head, his eyebrows were black and his eyes were white except for two black dots in the center of each eye, he stood up revealing a muscular body, he wore purple formfitting shorts that went down to about his knees, he was the Grand Priest.

Next: Go Tell the Spartans (Series Finale)





bungie.org