halo.bungie.org

They're Random, Baby!

Fan Fiction


Revolution: Part 16 Hell's Kitchen
Posted By: Gruntkiller<ttavenor@nf.sympatico.ca>
Date: 14 October 2002, 6:39 pm


Read/Post Comments

"We should be within combat range of Hell's kitchen in four hours, I'm sending orders for the troops to suit up for combat." Said Cortana.

"Good," bring all ships up to full combat status," said Hawks.

"Done," said Cortana, "all safety systems are disengaged."

~

In the Spartan quarters all of the Spartans were readying their weapons and packing ammo.

"The minute we step foot down their it's going to hit the fan," said one Spartan.

"All troops report to bays 1 through 20 and prepare for transport to DZ," said Cortana through the comm., "John 117 report to bridge immediately."

"Don't leave till I get back," said John as he rushed out of the quarters carrying an AR and several grenades.

As John ran up the halls he passed hundreds of soldiers who were moving down the halls to the docking bays.

"Hawks," said John as he ran onto the bridge.

"Good to see you," said Hawks handing him a chip, "Its Cortana thought she might be of use to you planeside."

      "Thank you sir," said John as he put the chip into his helmet.

      "Good luck," said Hawks.

      John turned around and walked away not knowing that would be the last time he ever saw Hawks or any of the other bridge crew. John ran down the halls of the Argentina until he arrived in the docking bays, Pelicans were being loaded up and vehicles were being attached to them, John counted 10 scorpions and 20 Warthogs along with 15 Ghosts outfitted with a chain gun along with their plasma cannons and an extra layer of armor.

      John walked towards the Pelican with the Spartans inside; it had no vehicle attached to it. John jumped in and sat down. Suddenly the ships MAC cannons went off sending rumbles all through the pelicans. Out side several well-placed shots slammed into the area surrounding the temple effectively cutting off its reinforcements.

      "Alls clear all pelicans disengage, you will be escorted by long swords into orbit," said Hawks, "good luck everyone."

      All of the pelicans lifted off the ground and flew out the bay doors, as they exited they were met by 25 long swords all of which equipped with thermal bombs and a full complement of Anvil 2 missiles.

      All around the fleet dozens of covenant cruisers and frigates came out of slipstream and began to engage the fleet, several serphs began to come after the pelicans and green rebel drop ships that descended into orbit but they were quickly dispatched by the long swords.

      As the attack group came into the atmosphere of Hell's Kitchen the hatches on the pelicans were opened starting a hail of sniper fire and plasma to rain down upon the thousands of covenant that scurried around trying to find a good position from which to fire from. The ground below was an inferno everywhere there was statues knocked over along hundreds of bodies and vehicles lay on the ground on fire.

      As the pelicans and drop ships landed everything went into chaos there was plasma coming from every direction killing many of the soldiers before they could return fire. All of the covenant that guarded the temple fore white armor and carried plasma rifles, except for the hunters which used fuel rod guns. Among the chaos one of the scorpions fired off destroying a wraith that lay on the ground that the enemy was using for cover. As the fighting on the ground intensified the battle in space hit a new level. The Argentina fired off its MAC cannons into a covenant cruiser destroying it but it seemed for every 1 ship destroyed 2 would come out of slipstream to replace it.

      "Were hit, decks 8 through 6 are destroyed and decks 5 and 4 are leaking atmosphere," yelled an officer from his station.

      "Launch all remaining fighters and get those archer pods operational," said Hawks as he smoked his pipe.

      "MAC guns charged and archer missiles are armed," said the weapons officer.

      "Fire with 2 seconds between shots from MAC guns and launch those archers at any weakened covenant ship in the area," ordered Hawks.

      "Yes sir," said the weapons officer.

      The ship rumbled as the MAC guns went off destroying another cruiser while its archer missiles launched and slammed into a damaged covenant frigate, destroying it.

      "Awaiting orders sir," said the weapons officer.

      "Arm one SHIVA nuclear missile and aim it at that ship," said Hawks pointing at a cruiser near in back of the covenant fleet.

      "Why that one," said the officer.

      "It hasn't moved the whole battle it's probably signaling for reinforcements," said Hawks.

      "Got it SHIVA missile ready and firing solution set," said the officer.

      "Fire," said Hawks.

      He watched as the missile zoomed past the covenant fleet towards the cruiser, there was a sudden flash that seemed to blind everyone on deck for a second then there was the shock wave, all of the ships rumbled and several fighters were destroyed, virtually all of the missiles un flight were destroyed, the SHIVA destroyed its target and 2 other frigate that happened to be too close.

      On Hell's Kitchen the skies were filled with smoke as explosions erupted everywhere, John, Shred and several other Spartans were slowly moving from cover to cover trying desperately to get to the temple. All around them plasma and bullets flew tearing the air apart. Suddenly an explosion erupted right in front of John sending him through the air into another Spartan, Johns shield were half gone, as they slowly recharged he got up and shot several grunts running through the battle field with rifle in hand, each of them had explosives strapped to themselves and as they died they went off sending great plumes of green plasmas into the air. John fired another couple of rounds into the head of a nearby elite splattering it against the destroyed wraith it stood by. The hybrid Ghost proved to be very effective tearing everything in their path to shreds well that was before they were all destroyed by hunters their engines exploded and the blackened bodies of the soldiers driving them were sent into the air.

      John and the Spartans fired into the masses of enemies in front of them we watched as a Spartans shield went down and his armor was melted onto his skin slowly burning the Spartan to death.

      All that John could think about was his old friends who had died for him on Reach and how he was about to avenge their deaths.

Next: The Grand Priest





bungie.org