halo.bungie.org

They're Random, Baby!

Fan Fiction


Revolution: Part 10: An Unwanted Surprise
Posted By: Gruntkiller<ttavenor@nf.sympatico.ca>
Date: 24 September 2002, 9:18 pm


Read/Post Comments

      John walked to the sick bay to see how Sergeant Jones was doing, John walked into to the room to find Jones' bed surrounded by other Spartans including Brigs and Shred.

      John pushed through the crowd until he had a view of the bed where Jones sat upright with a iv line hooked up to his wrist, Jones' face was covered with cuts and his chest was rapped in a large bandage.

      "How are you feeling," asked John.

      "Like I just got the shit kicked out of me, thanks," replied Jones. "Did you get them all?"

      "Yah every last one of them," said John.

      The comm. began to crackle, "All troops prepare for combat repeat all troops prepare for combat."

      "What happened," asked John through his comm.

      "We just picked up a distress beacon coming from the Kamloops which is on patrol near Aristol 4," replied Hawks.

      "Ok," said John, "all Spartans get ready we may have a problem."

      The MC ran towards the armory as he entered the door he grabbed the nearest 2 weapons an assault rifle and a pistol, he loaded up on grenades and then ran towards the docking bays.

      As the MC reached the docking bays they where within visual rang of the Kamloops, through the large sections of shielded glass the covered the bay's hatches to space several large chunks of metal could be seen, on one there was the words "Kamloops" printed on it. It was now clear what happened as more and more pieces of debris came into view, the Kamloops was destroyed by the Covenant.

      "All troops prepare for combat, incoming covenant craft," said Hawks through the comm.

      The ship began to rumble just like the pillar of autumn did when the covenant boarding craft docked. Suddenly there was an explosion along the bays doors leaving a circular hole from which covenant began to pour in. John lifted up his rifle and fired into the swarm of oncoming covenant killing several, John then ducked behind a warthog that was parked in the bay.

      Several Marines joined John in the battle. One marine jumped up to only be met by a plasma bolt in the face, it didn't kill him but his screams could be heard over the gunshots. Several medics ran over to the marine lifted him up and ran to the sick bay carrying him. A marine next to john jumped up into the turret of the warthog and began to fire hundreds of 50 Caliber plasma tipped machine gun rounds into the swarm of covenant, many of them where ripped to shreds spraying their blood all over the covenant coming behind them who where also quickly exterminated.

      "All Marines find cover and prepare to destroy any more covenant intruders the show up here." Said John. "Where are the largest enemy penetration points," John said through his comm.

      "At the life boat bays there are several enemy transports docked there," said Cortana from the ships computer.

      "Thanks, tell all available troops to converge upon the lifeboat bays," replied John as he walked out of the docking bays and headed up a corridor towards the lifeboat bays.

      The ship gave a sudden jolt as a superheated plasma shot from a covenant cruiser that came out of slip stream near the fleet, John grabbed onto the walls to keep himself upright. When he regained his balance he began to run towards the bays. Several covenant grunts ran towards John, they where quickly dispatched leaving their blood flowing down the corridor.

      As he reached the lifeboat bay to find hundreds of covenant troops in a firefight with marines and covenant rebels, the air was filled with plasma and plasma tipped bullets. John watched as a sniper bullet from the other side of the bay went through an elite and then through a Marine's head killing both of them instantly.

      "Watch what you're shooting," John yelled as he began to open fire upon the enemy killing several grunts and a jackal.

      Within minutes the enemy was destroyed leaving piles of dead bodies all along the bay. John and the marines all began to throw grenades into the transport ships bays as they began to leave for the cruiser they came from. The explosions from the grenades badly destroyed several of the transports and badly damaging the rest.

      "All sections of the ship are secure, defend all possible entry points until all clear," said Cortana.

      "Good," replied John.

      The battle in space raged on for the next 10 minutes until the covenant cruiser was destroyed, leaving three destroyed long swords all the pilots managed to escape unharmed and hundreds of dead covenant.

      "Ok we will continue en route for Aristol 4, with any luck they haven't found it yet," said Hawks.

Part 11: The Race For Humanity





bungie.org