halo.bungie.org

They're Random, Baby!

Fan Fiction


The Shadows - Part 2: The Crew
Posted By: Glenny<CalKid07@aol.com>
Date: 5 September 2002, 5:07 am


Read/Post Comments

The five Shadows at the top of their class was known among the Shadows as the Crew. Again, these five were Castor-88, Josh-23, Mike-53, Willie-32, and Cameron-78. Each one of them had characteristics and skilled that built the almost unstoppable team.

Mike was the most stable of the five, almost automatically making him the one with the best shot. In training, he bullseyed a moving target 100 yards away with one sniper rifle shot while strafing...without the scope. His ability to control the way his body moves make him a valuable part to this "Crew". His great shot with just about any weapon (especially sniper rifles and pistols) enables him to cover his team and be up to defending an outpost if he had to from invading enemy troops. He can fire very accurately and very swiftly. Many of his squad's successes were because of his great shot.

Josh on the other hand was crazy. Not in a way that he needed therapy, but in his style of fighting. He has single-handedly dropped into rooms and slaughtered groups of enemy soldiers with nothing but a knife in each hand. The chemical implants on him also grew into his strenght, so if he wasn't a Shadow he'd qualify as a Spartan. In this way, he has fought up to five people at once and eliminated each. Not only is he an insane fighter, but his attitude against enemies is brutal. If he has the chance, he will wound his opponent several times before finishing them off. So far, he is undefeated in hand to hand combat, and just about any other combat that he's charged the room in. He's also been known to bust into rooms with a pistol in each hand, shooting the hell out of anything that moves within the room. His enemies would most likely fear him, but again nobody knows exactly what happens. People find his victims laying in rooms torn apart, and that's the only fear that people feel...no one has survived against him.

Willie on the other hand is the weakest of the group physically, but his speed is greater than any other living thing heard of. In their missions he has drawn fire to himself, and to his enemies it almost appears that he is dodging every individual bullet as he runs and moves. His speed and agility aren't his only weapons, he can also leap very high and climb almost flat surfaces. Combined with Josh's strenght and cooperation, Willie has been able to jump about as high as a two story building.

Cameron is pretty good at everything, like everyone else in their squad. Except that he is an excellent driver. Anything he has gotten his hands on he is able to drive in minutes, with or without keys. This has come in handy for quicky escapes during missions. His favorite vehicle is the common Warthog, because its just about all terrain and can offroad like crazy...and Cameron can be quite the crazy driver.

Castor is the "leader" of the group. His leadership skills surpass the others by a long shot, and he is also the most courageous aside from Josh. He is mostly all-around, except he is probably the most stealth of the five. He is usually the first to drop out of their cover, because he can sneak around the quietest and hide the best. Other than Josh, he is probably the highest risk taker too. He has taken several leaps of faith that have helped his team. Most of all, he is the most qualified to lead all of the Shadows behind enemy lines.

The four Shadow squads were preparing for their individual missions until a news flash came over the radio...something about hostile aliens at Harvest...





bungie.org