halo.bungie.org

They're Random, Baby!

Fan Fiction


Outlaw Chapter 1:Risky Rondevous
Posted By: Chris Cassani<plindberg01@earthlink.net>
Date: 10 October 2002, 6:27 am


Read/Post Comments

Authors Note: Any feedback would be appreciated since this is my first story, if you think I need to edit more, what kind of action you want to appear in the series, or just general comments. Thanks in advance.


The lone marine stood in a hallway, clutching his MA5B assault rifle with a death grip. He had received his orders; he just wasn't sure how he was supposed to carry them out. The radio had crackled a moment before, the Sarge telling him to get back to the mess hall and meet up with the rest of his squad.
The marine started to sprint knowing time was of the essence. He ran around several corners, turned another and ran flat out into a group of four Grunts, knocking their leader to the ground in a daze, trying to figure out what was going on. He immediately opened fire on full auto, the leaders' head splattered, and the other three soon fell with gruesome wounds in their chest. They had died before they even know they were under attack He looked around the floor, picked up four plasma grenades and a pistol. He test fired the pistol, but nothing happened, he threw it back to the ground where it clanked and bounced into the chest cavity of what had once been its owner. He put the grenades onto his belt, hanging next to four fragmentation grenades.
Still fueled with adrenaline the marine again started to run. For five minutes he encountered nothing but the bare base hallways with the occasional crate, finally coming upon a lone Jackal who wasn't surprised to see him. The fully charged plasma pistol fired and the marine jumped behind a crate. Unfortunately the plasma shot found a target and hit the back of his left ankle, the flesh vaporized and bone showed. If it hadn't been for the adrenaline surging through his veins increasing his reaction time right now, that shot would have hit his chest and probably gone out through the other side. Blinded with pain and rage he threw a plasma grenade that landed right next to the Jackal. The thing started to run backwards, keeping itself covered with the shield, but he opened up with his assault rifle throwing off its grip on the shield and slowing it down. The last thing the Jackal saw was a bright flash of blue light.
Hearing the commotion an elite in red armor ran in, seeing the charred hallway. It looked around in confusion, seeing nothing but jackal blood and a crate. The marine jumped up from behind the crate ready to run again, but stopped in his tracks the moment he set eyes on the elite, knowing this was probably the end. The red armored monstrosity let out a yell of rage and opened fire with deadly accuracy; a few rounds struck his chest armor and it bubbled and boiled, burning the skin that lied underneath. The marine opened fire as well, but his bullets pinged off the shield like a peashooter trying to punch a whole in battleship armor. One of the plasma shots found the strap that held his torso armor on, and his chest and back plates clanged to the ground.
The marine immediately jumped behind the crate once again, trying to figure out how he alone was going to defeat a red Elite! Several plans of attack ran through his mind, but he didn't see how any of them would work. Sometimes a grenade just wasn't enough to take those Elite's down, even if he did manage to live long enough to knock down its shields with the MA5B. Remembering the grenades, he looked down at his belt, four fragmentation grenades and three plasma grenades. The marine had an idea, a very stupid idea that may not work, but it was better than nothing. He once again jumped up behind a crate, holding his belt instead of a gun. He squeezed one of the plasma grenades to make it active and hurled the belt with all his might, it flew through the air and the sticky grenade promptly stuck to the Elites' shoulder.
The marine jumped behind the crate again as the grenades went off. A huge explosion went off, he felt microshrapnel tear though the crate and enter his back, his uniform started to form red dots, and the shockwave hurled the crate clear to the end of the hall. He stood up and where the Elite had standing there was nothing but molten metal and a crater.
He again started to run, not quite as fast anymore though. His left ankle had bone showing, his chest had several burns from the melting metal, and the tingling sensation in his back was fairly distracting. The wounded warrior turned a corner, and saw his objective, the mess hall. He ran in, and a room that had been buzzing with the activity of checking rifles, reloading, suiting up and various other duties stopped. Everyone gazed upon the wounded form of "Outlaw" as they called him, for his notorious ability to get separated from the squad and still come back from the mission in...somewhat one piece.
"Reporting as ordered, sir." Said Demolitions Officer Seth "Outlaw" Zex as he walked up to the Sarge, saluted, and collapsed to the floor.

Next, Chapter 2:MedEvac and Avenging The Fallen





bungie.org