Like all weapons in Halo, the Assault
Rifle has its place in your arsenal. Here are a few tips to remember while using
the Assault rifle.
- Never, ever use it in the Campaign
on Legendary against the Covenant. At the start of the level, get rid of it as
soon as possible.
- Use it in small multiplayer maps.
Rat Race, Wizard, Prisoner, Longest, etc. The only exception to this in my
book is Chiron. This map is too broken up to outshine a more powerful weapon.\
- Its called Assault Rifle for a
reason. You want to snipe- use the scoped weapons. You want to be a shock
trooper- deck the halls with a hail of bullets.
- Keep it loaded at all times. This
isn't about ammo conservation. This is about pumping lead.
- Aim for the head. Side by side
with some one shooting your body, you can almost kill them with out taking
- Remember the Melee attack. By
shooting the head and following with a melee, I can get a kill in around 2
seconds. Try it.
- Keep your distance from a shotgun.
A slug in the face from 5 ft. away isn't covered in your insurance plan.
Rockets are bad news too.
- Keep moving. Hunt down your
targets and don't make yourself one.
Summary: Be aggressive with the
Assault Rifle. Shoot, spray, beat, and chuck grenades till your enemies
surrender. Reload and repeat. And have some fun.